Erm, help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, It has been a great car.

Stamped up service book to about 130k ... I think ?
Oil and filters changed , and front driveshaft CV boots done around 3 months ago.
I will remove my registration number and offer it for sale. Maybe on flea-bay or to a Merc breaker ?

Gary

Erm, cheeky question, I don't suppose it has Mercedes front and rear mudflaps does it?
Been looking for some for my ML270 for sometime, breakers want silly money, and each time a set comes up on eBay I miss them. Wife says the spray covers front of trailer.
I do not want to pay a fortune for what is lumps of rubber.
Said it was cheeky did I not !!!!!!

Erm, cheeky question, I don't suppose it has Mercedes front and rear mudflaps does it?
Been looking for some for my ML270 for sometime, breakers want silly money, and each time a set comes up on eBay I miss them. Wife says the spray covers front of trailer.
I do not want to pay a fortune for what is lumps of rubber.
Said it was cheeky did I not !!!!!!
No, It does not have any mudflaps.
I am happy to answer any questions etc.
Gary

No disrespect intended to low mileage cars - my last half dozen included. Low mileage cars are great.

My churlish comment was about the "great low mileage myth" - I've seen many a whinge about unreliable lower mileage cars, and I've looked at buying a fair few lower mileage cars which have had one or two haircuts in their life.

It's tougher to do these days, but it's still very common - the RAC and the motoring press often float the number of 2.5 million. OK, that's only 1 in 12 cars, but once you exclude the young un's, it becomes more like 1 in 6, and even lower when you remember the economics mean that it's more likely to be expensive cars that get clocked.

Car clocking: prosecutions out of step with incidents
I've always bought very low mileage cars when I can. Only real problem I have had over the years with such cars was the failure of a torque converter due to a wayward bolt, but it was 50 years old.

I suppose there are "pros and cons" with buying any car, The ML is very low mileage, but has had and still does have its fair share of problems, but would a higher mileage car be any better ?
I suppose the one upside that comes to mind is that the interior is like new, but would show its age if vehicle high miles.
Then of course, due to its mileage i paid a bit more for it, if i sell it, would i get that money back again ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom