Err you're living in Britain...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's quite ironic that you wouldn't be able to fly post nor hold demonstrations under Sharia Law

...well they could - but they would meet their maker earlier, which would make some of them happier, so they claim!!.:crazy:

article-2020548-0D310E3000000578-530_468x376.jpg

I think this photo should be the next pic used in the caption competition :bannana:

My goodness, we aren’t being “Norwegian” in our attitude are we? Shouldn't we be encouraging camps for their young to learn how to politic, and eventually control the country?

I am not very impressed with you people slagging off humans like that!

My goodness, we aren’t being “Norwegian” in our attitude are we? Shouldn't we be encouraging camps for their young to learn how to politic, and eventually control the country?

I am not very impressed with you people slagging off humans like that!

I believe Norway is a very civilised place. 1 lunatic doesn't change that.

The gent frequently pictured in this thread is an insult to all sensible people, he's a fool in the same mould as Nick Griffin.

The vast majority of people whatever their religion, colour or whatever want pretty much the same thing, and get on with it. They will ignore the extremist fringe. A couple of days he will disappear down the drainpipe of history.

He deserves ridicule, anything else gives his views credibility. Hard to be credible when people laugh at you, not with you.

People laughed and tried to kill Copernicus, and not for looking stupid either.

If there are laws I don't like I write to my MP, campaign, sign petitions. I see no real reason why ginner chin strap shouldn't also be heard. He is obviously misguided but he should have the right to make his case.

The kids that defaced a billboard are committing criminal damage but that is all. Making it into an issue is silly, they are kids, how many of us have drawn a pair of knockers on something and not giggled?

The Daily Mail likes to highlight and spin daftness into cultural difference, personally I don't think they are helping build a cohesive society.

Not considering the killings at all, does anybody believe Norway (or any western country for that matter) should follow Britain's footsteps on this subject & develop in the same way? Or, should they do it differently - if at all??

That's what I'd like to understand from those who posted here especially........

Growing up in India in boarding school; I was exposed to a very rich tapestry of cultures and religions; and a bit like tasty world cuisine; as far as i am concerned- the more the merrier :)
We had an english nanny (Granny Campose), I had muslim best mates, now have a hindu wife, my dad ties a turban, and the Parsi (Zoroastrian) kid's moms made the most delicious 'chicken dhansak', i have ever eaten. the Pakistani (Aitchison college lahore) boys were awesome at hockey and beat us hollow every year... yet i remember them more for their soft spoken and genteel manner...
We all attended Mass at the chapel during morning assembly where 'abide with me' was often followed by Rabindranaath Tagore's 'where the mind is without fear'... which goes something like this-
Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up
into fragments by narrow domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason
has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action---
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

...and we were so oblivious to bigotry and hatred... but shared mutual acceptance and admiration.
if you could be in the first 11 at cricket, it mattered little what caste or creed you were.
... my formative years helped mould me and others like me, into true world citizens.
I am extremely proud of my heritage but I hope i am not alone when i say there is a distinction between being proud of your heritage and being equally proud of the amazing country we now call home; a country that has nurtured my young family and accepted us with open arms...
i feel very sad when i see bigotry in ANY form; because I am one of the fortunate people who has seen that reality in the wide open world has no place for such misplaced emotions.

Never thought I would see the day when Tagore is being quoted on a car forum, but really very well said Rascalmaster.

I think RM on the evidence of his post is a greater ornament to his Mercedes, than it is to him.

In an earlier life my father was HR director for the Royal Fleet Auxiliary, and I met two splending Indian mariners from the RFA, one a First Officer, the other a surgeon. That and an Indian galley crew who cooked the most superb curry (complete with Bombay Duck - how I miss that marvellous dried fish with its flavour of seven day old sweaty socks). Is there a memorial anywhere to the numerous Indian mariners who lost their lives at sea in the Merchant Navy?

Never thought I would see the day when Tagore is being quoted on a car forum, but really very well said Rascalmaster.

no sleep all night; a few stressful ships, and i'm spouting Tagore... lol

Growing up in India in boarding school; I was exposed to a very rich tapestry of cultures and religions; and a bit like tasty world cuisine; as far as i am concerned- the more the merrier :)
We had an english nanny (Granny Campose), I had muslim best mates, now have a hindu wife, my dad ties a turban, and the Parsi (Zoroastrian) kid's moms made the most delicious 'chicken dhansak', i have ever eaten. the Pakistani (Aitchison college lahore) boys were awesome at hockey and beat us hollow every year... yet i remember them more for their soft spoken and genteel manner...
We all attended Mass at the chapel during morning assembly where 'abide with me' was often followed by Rabindranaath Tagore's 'where the mind is without fear'... which goes something like this-
Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up
into fragments by narrow domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason
has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action---
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

...and we were so oblivious to bigotry and hatred... but shared mutual acceptance and admiration.
if you could be in the first 11 at cricket, it mattered little what caste or creed you were.
... my formative years helped mould me and others like me, into true world citizens.
I am extremely proud of my heritage but I hope i am not alone when i say there is a distinction between being proud of your heritage and being equally proud of the amazing country we now call home; a country that has nurtured my young family and accepted us with open arms...
i feel very sad when i see bigotry in ANY form; because I am one of the fortunate people who has seen that reality in the wide open world has no place for such misplaced emotions.

Many good points well made....but we should never forget that in this country people are allowed to hold and espouse views that others think are misguided or indeed bigoted.....well we were allowed to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom