Erratic sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spinaltap

Car
A180 Avantgarde (2009) A180 Avantgarde (2012)
I own a routinely serviced 2012 W169...

Yesterday, when regularly applying the usual force to apply breaking to full stop, four of the central dashboard LED’s turned Red (rather than their usual Amber) together with an constant audible warning. Once I took my foot off the brake and then applied the accelerator the sensor/warning stopped. No obstacles were in front of the car, and subsequent checks of the front sensors showed that they were clear of any debris. This issue did not occur when applying the brakes to slow down the car: the issue only occurred on applying the final full stop. The car is always parked in my Garage overnight.

Today, I experienced the same issue. Once I had completed my shopping trip, I resolved to visit my local Mercedes workshop to discover what the likely problem might be. However, once I had completed my shopping, and started my journey to the Mercedes workshop, the issue had disappeared!

Even so, on explaining the issue with the Mercedes technicians, they couldn’t offer any explanation for the problem I had been experiencing.

Suggestions welcomed.

Ha! Last year, my local Mercedes Service Centre couldn’t explain the issue that I was experiencing with the front sensors.

When my Car was serviced last week, they identified an issue with ‘an incorrect code’ - which was remedied by inputting the correct codes into the Car’s system.

Sounds like you have an connection or possible water ingress issue. Have you checked to see if any of your front sensors have any stone chip damage to the face of the sensor this can also cause the sensor to go off randomly

Is your front number plate secure ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom