• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Error code 102100

Slartibartfast

SUPPORTER
Car
W221 S350L, R231 SL350 (both sold) & SL400 (current)
My recently acquired 2012 W221 S350L S-Class (Bluetec Diesel) shows engine management light. I plug in my icarsoft mb v2.0 and it indicates fault code 102100: State Historic "Control module has an internal error". I have searched this and found a couple of mentions that it could refer to a previous remap (which my car hasn't had to my knowledge). I erase the code and after a few hours driving, the EML comes on again with the same and only info.

Can someone shed any further light on this code please? Many thanks.

Thanks for the link. I had already read this before posting but my car has not been remapped. I have a new battery which will be fitted during the next service in 10 days time but was hoping for some insight from anyone who has experienced the same fault code.

If you are sure it hasn't been mapped then your next option (assuming a change of battery does not fix it) is to get it on STAR. Those that have had the same fault code are likely to have posted in the that thread as it is fairly recent.

I recently bought a GLK 350 cdi 4matic. Everything was ok until I went on a long roadtrip and after around an hour and a half I had a check engine light and the car went into limp mode. So I pulled over, turned off the engine, key out, started the engine again and the limp mode was gone but the check engine light was still there. A friend of mine checked the fault code and it was 1021 "Control module has an internal error". My mechanic said that he cannot handle the issue. Can you guys share some experience with this exact problem and what resolved the issue ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom