Error code B110D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kalel

Car
C220 CDI AVANTGARDE
Hello all I went to see the local mechanic today about my WS switch on the autobox for my C220 CDI AUTO. (basically it is stuck on W and doesn't change to S when I press the button).

The mechanic said his code reader had the following message on it:

B110D Fault in CAN communication with control unit N22 (AAC pushbutton control module)

Can anyone shed any light? The mechanic thinks I need a new module for the switch. Worst case scenario is that MB have to re-program the CAN?

Thanks in advance

OK so wild goose chase. I did some research and it seems the error code is linked to the air con system which is strange because it works fine. when I bought the car the guy said he had it topped up so maybe this is an old code that was never wiped?

As for the WS switch I fixed it myself...I took the cover off the gear lever to get to the switch and pulled out the wire from underneath it and plugged it back in next to it (had 2 places to plug the one set of wires) and now the switch works just fine. Part of me is confused at why the wire was plugged in where it was to start with and whether I have done something I shouldnt have but the other part of me is just happy that the setting can now be changed.

Car is pulling much better is S mode compared to W mode. case closed

Last edited:
those sporadic fault codes always come up and most of the time if there is no complaint they can be ignored.

Thanks the air con works absolutely fine and is ice cold. I almost regret buying a modern car...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom