Error Code in COMAND - P1975

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

saorbust

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI
Hi all,

Anyone know what this means ?

Thanks,
Clarky.

Add it to my two 'unknowns', B1010 and B1767. The dealer asked me if there were any problem with my unit and I said 'no'. He replied 'don't worry then'! I then went and looked at a second hand CLK in the show room which, low-and-behold, had error messages on the Comand unit!

It seems that Comand picks up all sorts of errors from all sorts of places (and probably for no real reasons). So the stealer saying 'don't worry' saved me a few quid on the diagnostic machine!

B1010 = The supply voltage of control unit is too low
(i.e you had a flat battery)
B1767 = navigation paramater incorrect
/0 = number of ABS pulse rotor teeth missing
/1 = wheel size/height missing
(i.e, you need to do the calibration stuff, or the unit needs coding by the dealer to set the number of pulses per wheel rotation correctly (for speed calculation)

P1975 is sort of impossible "P" means Powertrain error, and since Comand is not a powertrain system (i,e not engine/gearbox control), it shouldnt make such errors.

If that was a dealer getting it wrong, the nearest I can find is B1795 - which means CAN fault in communicating with EIS (electonic ignition switch), which I suppose can happen if theres noise on the CANbus, and really can be ignored

If you look at the hidden comand diagnostic screen, you see an "error count", its the ones with the error counts increasing, or high that need investigating. Holding down Mute+0 will reset the error list, so you can find new errors that occur.
Mute+1 and Mute+4 switch between the internal fault list, and the one that is made visible to the dealers Star diagnosis machine

Cheers
Richard

Richard thanks for that. I will check the code again to see if I read it wrong. Any chance you have a quick crib sheet of key strokes to be used in the diag screen ? Or even - horror of horrors - a doc with what everything does / means ?

Many thanks Richard,

My battery is very sick at the moment and I hope to get a new one for Christmas!! The other error code had a count of 3, which I think must have been during the instal 2 months ago and before the dealer configured the unit.

I have not seen these key strokes for the hidden menu posted before, so thanks for that info as I'm sure others will find it useful.

One question though, why does the Comand unit have a 'hidden' diagnostic screen for the Star diag only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom