Error code P2080

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wseed

Car
C250CDi, Alfa 147, 330D
Hello, I'm a new MB owner and have come across my first fault which I would appreciate some advice on.

I have a 59 plate C250cdi and this morning when I started the car the engine management lamp failed to go out. I have a ODB dongle and so read the code which reported as:

"Current Fault Log
------------------
P2080: Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance bank1 Sensor1"

Can anyone shed light as to what this might be and the possible resolution. I'm assuming it possibly a failed Lamda Sensor. Are these easy to access?

Aside from the warning lamp the car appears to drive normally and idles as smoothly as an oil burner does a and revs freely

Last edited:
mentioned on another forum, transmission codes rather than engine codes apparently.

Transmission Error Visit Workshop - MBWorld.org Forums

Thanks for that, I had come across that post while I was searching but my car is a Manual model and my reader comes up with the whole error and description "P2080: Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance bank1 Sensor1"rather than just the code.

Is this not the EGT sensor that checks the cycle once on start up and determines the regen of the DPF?

Thanks flania1, I've booked it in at my local garage. Hopefully it won't be an arm and a leg job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom