Error code reader fail.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

parkman1

Car
Mercedes E220: W126 500se; W124 260E
Hi, just before Christmas I bought an Ecutool EC601 error code reader, to read codes on a June 2004 W211 E220cdi A/garde, from Mike West at Gendan.

When I tried to use the unit I got a communications error, and having had a look through the user manual the same error was explained. However, when I followed the explanation of how to fix the problem I was unable to. I e-mailed Ecutools in China and they sent an answer back suggesting that the EC601 was not compatible with a 2004 W211 OBDII system, it had to be later than that.

I called Mike West and sent back the unit, and he tried it and got the same problem. He also told me that he had seen the same problem before, with the W211 and that I would be better with a Foxwell unit. However he came back to me today recommending a refund, as the Foxwell might also fail, and Gendan would not be prepared to offer a guarantee on the replacement Foxwell, which I can understand.

Mike's issue is that there could be a problem with the W211 220cdi memory system.

My question is, has anyone bought and had success with an error code reader on an early 2004 W211 E220cdi, and read the memory error codes ? If so, what unit was used ?

Mike West at Gendan has been perfectly reasonable, and I appreciate his assistance, but I would still like to get a working error code reader.

parkman

Hi, problem sorted.

It has been so long since I used the CD player that I couldn't remember which switch opened the multi-CD loader. It is the silver switch below the 4 way flashers, I was using the single CD eject button on the front of the radio.

So totally my fault.

parkman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom