Error Free LED bulbs thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
As a lot of people on here often search for error free LED bulbs I thought we should start a thread where people who have them could post links to the ones they have...

I'll get the ball rolling

W5W Sidelights - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322120185485
IMG_1102.jpg

I should have a set of 239 festoons tomorrow that are hopefully error free so will update when I test them..

Has anyone got H7 ones? I believe my fog lights are H7...

Thanks
Abs

I've had countless sets of LED sidelights. The problem I had with them all wasn't the car showing errors, it was them burning out after anywhere from days to a month or two.

Those with W204s with halogens don't seem to have a problem, but with Xenons, it must just be too hot, coupled with the heat from their built in resistors to fool the car into thinking there's a bulb connected.

Yes I've had those in your link. That 271 resister goes pop after a few weeks and they then flicker and show the warning.

Your sidelights aren't directly above Xenons like they are in the W204, maybe that's part of it. :/

As a lot of people on here often search for error free LED bulbs I thought we should start a thread where people who have them could post links to the ones they have...

IMG_1102.jpg

I should have a set of 239 festoons tomorrow that are hopefully error free so will update when I test them..

Thanks
Abs

I just bought some H7 ones but then needed the long, clunky resistors. They didn`t seem compatible with my loom and just seemed too big to shove into the space behind fog light so I sent the lot back. I`d be interested to know if there are any error free H7 too :D

I have these in front sides, rear side wedge and numberplate, for a year, no errors and no burning.
Ultra LED Canbus Error Free 501 (T10) White Sidelight Bulbs

They are short enough to fit in the various housings.

These also caused no errors but I didn't use them in the end as they were far too bright, like having a reverse light on all the time.
Mercedes Benz Canbus White LED License Number Plate Light Bulb C E S CL SL Class | eBay

I still have them, I'm pondering replacing the fairly dull boot light with one of them.

Do you have Xenon lights Yugguy?

I think it's common on W204s with Xenons, as the two sidelights per side are right above the "sun" that's right beneath, heat rises, as there's no wind in the sealed headlamp unit. Honestly I've got a box of about a dozen different sets I've burnt out. I think about 8 weeks is the longest I've had out of some. :(

Should be fine in yours though, it's not directly above.

Not just 204's with Xenons! I've a 204 with halogens, gone through I don't know how many LED's in both side and parking lights over the past couple of years - same bulbs that are absolutely fine in my 968. I've now given up and gone back to original blue filament bulbs!

If you're determined to try LED's in a 204, beware those that have sharp edges as these catch when pulling the bulb holder, I've had a few catch this way and drop irretrievably into the headlight area, can see them but not retrieve them even after removing the headlight bulb!

Interesting...

And yes I've had several catch and need to be fished out with long things with hot glue on the end and forceps etc with much frustration. Had a set actually melt into the tube too. I've given up now..

IMG_1102.jpg

Thanks
Abs

Apologies to resurrect a tiresome thread for some people, but has anyone successfully fitted front indicator and rear side/brake/indicators with LED bulbs?

the reason I ask is my front indicator bulbs (regardless of make - Ring/etc.) seem to just go yellow/off white rather than stay orange...

I'm thinking a set of quality LED bulbs that I can fit and forget, plus stay orange...

Then it made me think should I just change all the bulbs to LED?

So two questions...

Has anyone successfully done this without errors?

Did you use 'white' LED bulbs to shine through the rear red/amber lenses or did you use red/amber ones?

many thanks, Kendo

271 resistor goes pop. Hmm, that is
169/271 Watts. Two thirds. Try replacing it with a 2 Watt resistor. The existing one is undergutted.

Apologies to resurrect a tiresome thread for some people, but has anyone successfully fitted front indicator and rear side/brake/indicators with LED bulbs?

the reason I ask is my front indicator bulbs (regardless of make - Ring/etc.) seem to just go yellow/off white rather than stay orange...

I'm thinking a set of quality LED bulbs that I can fit and forget, plus stay orange...

Then it made me think should I just change all the bulbs to LED?

So two questions...

Has anyone successfully done this without errors?

Did you use 'white' LED bulbs to shine through the rear red/amber lenses or did you use red/amber ones?

many thanks, Kendo

I fitted my CLK with Probright TDRLs, they replace the front indicator bulbs with a combined LED indicator and DRL.

Got them by post from Novosibirsk in Russia in 2015 and they are still working perfectly. There's a thread on here about them.

https://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/209560-probright-tdrls.html

They used to do rear indicator LED replacements as well.

Last edited:
I replaced all the W5W bulbs in my C204 with these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01EQU0EUU/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

No CANBUS errors. If anything they are a little too bright in the overhead courtesy lights but very good elsewhere. They fade OK when going off.

One in the bootlid has developed a fault and sometimes flickers but its not bad enough to bother changing it.

It's really the indicators and tail lights I'm after...

Codger... Do they do the same bulbs without the DRL, just straight indicators?

clk320x, have you changed the high beams? I want to do that when I install my projectors, so I have both high beams turn on instantly, but I'm worried the beam pattern would be 100% shyte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom