Error messages and Benzwold.org

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WLeg

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB GLC250
HELP !!

Are there any members here, who are also members there, as I could use a copy of this guide.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220-s-class/1337298-malfunction-messages-help-help.html

(I have applied, but not yet had the confirmation/activation email).

I have this exact problem with the new (possible) dog I have aquirred.....

Failing that, can anyone tell me how to clear these messages (I am getting Airmatic, ESP and Brake assist errors in the display after changing the battery) before the wife comes home at 1230 and kills me ?

All I did was change the battery....honest.

HELP !!

Are there any members here, who are also members there, as I could use a copy of this guide.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220-s-class/1337298-malfunction-messages-help-help.html

(I have applied, but not yet had the confirmation/activation email).

I have this exact problem with the new (possible) dog I have aquirred.....

Failing that, can anyone tell me how to clear these messages (I am getting Airmatic, ESP and Brake assist errors in the display after changing the battery) before the wife comes home at 1230 and kills me ?

All I did was change the battery....honest.

You need a quick trip to your dealer to have them all reset. drive it in and tell them what you have done.

Have you turned the steering from lock to lock 3 times, as that will reset the ESP after changing the battery

I am a member of benzworld if you still want the paper

Malcolm - Many thanks. Car now seems better.

Can you post the file anyway, as I'm sure one day, someone else will have this problem ?

Resetting after a battery change

This info is so handy, although I have posted it before, I'm doing it again.

First, the ECU reset procedure that Johnny7623 recommended is included in my owner's manual in the battery change instructions - along with some additional info on things that may need to be reset (it helps to read those manuals!!) However, not everything is addressed there, so here goes.

Windows, seats, mirrors, steering wheel position (easy entry/exit) and the like can be reset by running them fully in one direction, holding the switch at full travel for approximately 2 seconds (or longer), then running to the opposite limit, holding for about 2 seconds (or longer). It is not unusual to have to do this after the battery is disconnected. The positioning of many of these features is controlled by a Hall's Effect generator, a simple device that counts revolutions of a motor shaft, and it must be set to register the proper number of turns to reach both limits of travel.

Synchronizing Head Restraints:

If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or empty), the head restraints are no longer adjusted automatically. To resynchronize the adjustment feature, turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2, move the seat completely forward and the head restraint fully down, and hold respective buttons for approximately two seconds.

Synchronizing power windows:

If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or low), the windows cannot be opened or closed by the Express feature. To resynchronize the express feature, press side of power window switch to resistance point until the window is completely closed and hold for additional 2 seconds. Repeat procedure for each window. The automatic full opening and closing procedure of the windows should now be restored. (Note: This sometimes works as well for problems with manual operation of the windows, but not always).

Synchronizing sliding/pop-up roof:

If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or low), or if the sliding/pop-up roof is blocked during closing/opening procedure, the system has to be synchronized. To do so, turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2, move and hold switch in direction (3), until the sliding/pop-up roof is completely raised at rear, and hold for additional 1 second.

Synchronizing ESP (ECU):

If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or empty), the BAS/ESP malfunction indicator lamp may be illuminated with the engine running. Turn steering wheel completely to the left and then to the right. The BAS/ESP malfunction indicator lamp should go out.

Synchronizing remote control:

The remote control may have to be resynchronized, if the vehicle cannot be locked or unlocked. To synchronize insert electronic key in steering lock. The remote control should once again be operational."

Synchronizing Steering Column Height/Easy Exit:

Steering wheel height - basically the same procedure, but with a caution. Move your steering column down SLIGHTLY, and if you can then bring it back up to where it started (but not higher), then you need to reset the column with the simple procedure below. HOWEVER, if it goes down slightly, but will not go back up at all, do not try the reset - it probably will go fully down and not come back up! You may not be able to get into the car to drive, if that happens. Get it serviced.

Run the steering column full down, and holding the switch down for about 10 seconds after it reaches the lowest position; then run it back up fully and hold the switch up for about 10 seconds after the column reaches its upper limit of travel. You may need to do this several times. That should reset the limits in the Halls' Effect generator, and your column should function normally.

Seats (easy exit) - try running them to the limits also; however, the seats slide back in the easy exit mode only if they are pretty far forward in the first place. if they are back beyond certain limits (set by Mercedes), not sliding further back is normal operation.

Not all cars have easy exit, and for those that do it must be selected in the MFD (instrument cluster) menu.

Thats it

Does anybody know why the easy exit on the steering wheels stops working as Television describes?

This happened to me early this year. The movement would not go back up and so I booked it into MB for diagnosis. They came back saying the pump was gone and I would need a new one. I can't remember how much they quoted but if was enough to make me tell them I'd have to think about it.

When I picked my car up the easy exit was working again! It has remained so until today, when I got into the car and the steering wheel did not move back down. I adjusted it manually and tried to see if it would go back up but it wouldn't.

Has the pump finally packed up, or is there some other explanation?

Has the pump finally packed up, or is there some other explanation?

This might sound silly, but have you checked that the easy entry function is actually turned on, on the stalk (i.e. the rotating switch on top of the adjustment stalk is in the correct position)?

Yes. The same thing happened last time. Thinking I may have turned it off by mistake I twisted it to the other position (why do they put these symbols on stalks and then hide the stalks behind the steering wheel?).

Twisting and turning makes no difference. The thing refuses to move upwards. I suspect when they put it on the diagnosis unit last time (when they said I'd need a new pump) they reset it.

I have seen other posts suggesting I dis-enable and re-enable easy entry/exit on the dashboard display, unfortunately I don't have that option there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom