ESP ABS Warning light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tombo5609

Car
mercedes e270
Hi Can any one help. I changed the battery on my 2003 Mercedes E270 and now have a Malfunction warning warning for the ESB & ABS.
Everything appears to be working but I am a little nervous about it.
I have been told that it would itself out after a few hundred miles of use.

tombo5609 said:
Hi Can any one help. I changed the battery on my 2003 Mercedes E270 and now have a Malfunction warning warning for the ESB & ABS.
Everything appears to be working but I am a little nervous about it.
I have been told that it would itself out after a few hundred miles of use.

Have you turned the steering wheel from lock-to-lock yet ? This will normally remedy the problem after a battery disconnect.

I agree with mercedescl500, I had the same issue when I disconnected my battery and turning the steering wheel from lock to lock was the answer.

I agree with mercedescl500, I had the same issue when I disconnected my battery and turning the steering wheel from lock to lock was the answer.
Hi, Thanks for the advice. About an hour after I posted I went for a run and the problem had dissapeared. I did however have a sleepless night with large repair bills prominent on my mind!!!.

Tom

Hi guys I have a 2000 clk 230 coupe I had it in storage a year and yes battery was flat so when I changed battery and started it up abs/eps warning lite came on.I had it put on a Star machine and got code c1000 so they changed thev abs control unit but still got light on,garage has gave up..any clues chaps.

code on star machine is for abs/esb control module but we changed the complete unit and the warning light is still on,we have also replaced the abs rings still to no avail just hoping it clears itself as brakes seem to be ok thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom