ESP BAS ABS Faults

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpoonJar

Banned
Car
W208 CLK55 AMG
Out in town today when these warnings flashed up. Went home and looked up what could be causing it.
Some say brake light switch, but my brake lights work fine and also the gear lever works fine. I tried lock to lock but it didn't clear the lights.
They also say if the esp warning comes on the car goes into limp mode, but again the car drives as normal. Also mentioned is battery voltage dropping, but again the car starts first touch.
I'm taking it to a garage Monday but in the meantime, any other ideas?
Thanks.

Star time :p

Either ABS sensor has died. Which is where my money is, or the battery is about to commit suicide. More than likely the abs sensor though

Either ABS sensor has died. Which is where my money is, or the battery is about to commit suicide. More than likely the abs sensor though

Speaking of battery, when we had the snow and cold a couple of months back, I didn't drive the car during this time. After the snow had all cleared and I ventured out, the battery had enough power to open the doors and for the dash to light up but nothing to crank the engine over. I had to get a jump start and it's started as normal ever since.

Mercedes are VERY battery reliant (ask me how i know !).
Have the battery tested at a local garage, most will not even charge.
have you tried lock to lock to see if steering angle sensor needs resetting.
If your battery is reading less than 12.3 volts after standing overnight, start looking for a replacement

Update, it fixed itself. :dk: I didn't use the car for a few days and when I did, no faults and no warning messages. Touch wood it's been good ever since.

Update, it fixed itself. :dk: I didn't use the car for a few days and when I did, no faults and no warning messages. Touch wood it's been good ever since.
Do get the codes read... it will be a stored fault and may show why the issue happened in the first instance. Star is obviously best, but you can also give iCarsoft MB II a go - they are around £130 on eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom