Esp bas light on 2003 ml

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray1971

Car
ML270
Hi guys,

This is a follow up to my previous post back in July. My ESP BAS light on my dashboard is on and I have diagnostics carried out on STAR, and the following faults were reported -
C114 steering angle sensor not initialized
P0100 Hot film MAF Sensor
P2001 ETC control module faulty

The engineer also commented that my wheel alignment was out and recommended that I had the alignment corrected which I have had done today. I was hoping that having the wheels aligned would correct the light problem on the dashboard but it hasn't and the BAS ESP light is still on.
What I am hoping for now is some advice as to what to do next with a view of spending the less amount of money to rectify the problem. I have turned the wheels left to right full lock three times but this has not corrected the problem. With the three faults as above in mind, what would be my next step to get this resolved? Any advice appreciated, I really want to get this problem cleared!!
Thanks,

My ESP light came on not too long ago because the wire connecting the pressure pad under the front passenger seat was breaking.

Everytime someone uses that seat, the wire has to flex.

Might be worth checking? :thumb:

Forgot to add; Unplugging the pressure pad is the same as a broken wire, ie ESP light remains on.

If this is your problem, and the pressure pad is a pig to get to, (and they usually are), then replicating the electrical resistance of the pressure pad will tell the ECU and the ESP light will go out.

:thumb:

Thanks for your reply. My light has been constantly on since my battery went flat and I re-charged it up. I think its probably the steering angle sensor....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom