ESP not available message

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gibbo300

Car
C160 kompressor 2005
Hi all. Getting the " ESP not available visit workshop " warning message . Car has been stood for a while and battery went flat during that time. Anyone know what the likely culprit for the fault is ? C1160 is the fault code.Thanks. Car is a C160 kompressor 2005.

Thanks for the reply. Battery has been charged and been on a long run. Terminal 30 is showing 14 volts.

reset steering angle.

Try resetting the steering angle sensor. With the engine running and car in P or N, steadily turn the steering wheel from lock to lock a few times. While you're in the mood, reset the windows. Using the first position on the switch (carefully press it until the first click) lower and raise each window in turn, holding the switch for five seconds at fully down and fully up.

A flat battery can and often does make various sensors forget where they are, sending implausible messages to control processors. ESP needs to know where the steering is pointing, if it doesn't it will throw an error.

Brake light stop switch , under the dash is a cheap consumable item . Or look for fault codes

Thanks guys. Battery is good. Fault codes are 1160 and 1161.

I periodically get this message on my 2005 CLK, and the fault codes C1160, C1161. The problem appears to be the yaw rate sensor but I haven't got round to changing it yet. I fire up my iCarSoft fault reader and clear the fault codes, the problem goes away for another year, and ESP goes back to working.
I assume that something analogue in the yaw sensor has drifted to be marginally in/out of tolerance.
Ian.

Just an update. I clear the codes but they return when I turn the ignition on, engine not running. Have attached photo of fault codes.have tried resetting the steering angle.where is the yaw and how is it tested?

Fault code

Attachments

• 20210410_132735.jpg
    20210410_132735.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom