Ess Supercharger Install Wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

braderz

Car
Mercedes CLS
Hi guys,

Looking to do add a supercharger to my w204 c63 estate.

Does anybody know if Ess have a U.K. partner?

I don’t want to do headers so my options are Weistec Stage 1 / ess / Magnuson. It would appear ess would give the greatest gains without headers - car currently has a decat.

Brad

Running a supercharger without headers is like trying to sprint in an atmospheric diving suit. Can be done but why?

As the gentleman above suggests, you're going to have a lot of extra (forced) air going in but it will have no way of escaping unless tubular manifolds (headers) are fitted.

Basically, you're creating a bit of a blockage...

As the gentleman above suggests, you're going to have a lot of extra (forced) air going in but it will have no way of escaping unless tubular manifolds (headers) are fitted.

Basically, you're creating a bit of a blockage...
Hi guys,

I don’t want to do headers so my options are Weistec Stage 1 / ess / Magnuson. It would appear ess would give the greatest gains without headers - car currently has a decat.

Brad
What’s th3 reason for avoiding new exhaust manifold? If it’s cost then I can understand that, as good ones are expensive.

What’s th3 reason for avoiding new exhaust manifold? If it’s cost then I can understand that, as good ones are expensive.
So are good superchargers. Not sure if fitting a supercharger to an C63 is a thing that should be done on a tight budget.

Noise. I wouldn't want the silly loud header noise but maybe it can be tamed down again in the later sections of the exhaust.

Headers don't make a massive difference to the sound even with a cross pipe instead of a resonator and no CATs.

It is louder but not stupid levels.

It's when you mod or swap out the back boxes you start to get big league sounds and drone potentially.

Hi guys,

Brad
yes there are a couple of uk partners. I’ve been in touch with both concerning a charger for the c63. They can either supply only or carry out the work. It actually worked out cheaper for a supply and fit with a uk based company than it was to get a kit sent over from the us.

Running a supercharger without headers is like trying to sprint in an atmospheric diving suit. Can be done but why?
Noise plays a big part with it still being a family wagon - ess are claiming some good gains without changing the headers - yes I’m not going to get to 700hp without them but mid 600’s looks possible

yes there are a couple of uk partners. I’ve been in touch with both concerning a charger for the c63. They can either supply only or carry out the work. It actually worked out cheaper for a supply and fit with a uk based company than it was to get a kit sent over from the us.
This sounds promising - who were the U.K. partners if you don’t mind me asking?

Stage 1 weistec with standard headers and stock exhaust gets great gains....long tube headers are really noisy unless you have a valved exhaust.
Stage 1 weistec will see you at roughly 620bhp.

Noise plays a big part with it still being a family wagon - ess are claiming some good gains without changing the headers - yes I’m not going to get to 700hp without them but mid 600’s looks possible

Put a pair of high flow sport cats and keep the rest of the system standard - the noise will be minimal with long tube headers.

Daveenty is right, you’ll be creating back pressure. Not healthy for the forced inducted engine.

Acid @msl recently installed ESS tuning charger on their C63. They haven't come out with figures yet. I guess he is just busy with his new E63S.

Acid @msl recently installed ESS tuning charger on their C63. They haven't come out with figures yet. I guess he is just busy with his new E63S.
Yes have been waiting for him to publish the numbers and what packages they can put together

Didn’t know acid was doing the ESS chargers. Interesting. Might have to give him a shout.

Didn’t know acid was doing the ESS chargers. Interesting. Might have to give him a shout.

Give me a shout on 0121 772 4455 option 3 I will be more than happy to go over our recent install, Figures coming soon guys for E63s (next week hopefully).

I know Weistec is proven, but I like the spec of this ESS kit and the overall look. I'd be very interested in pricing, and power gains at Stage 1, Stage 2 & Stage 3 Weistec.

I had an ESS twin-screw blower and tune fitted on an old 5 series BMW around 10 years ago, and it a quality set-up even back then !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom