Essex trade cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve333

MB Enthusiast
Car
Cls350cdi in palladium,C200k in tenorite,Slk320 in red.
Hi all,has anyone used Essex trade cars of Chelmsford,if so any feedback would be appreciated as they have a car I might be interested in but they're over 160 miles away so don't want to make the journey unless it's worthwhile!

Not heard of them, I'm local. What were you looking at?

Hi Alf,they have a car my wife's interested in,they're near saxton 4x4,near the cemetery and river Wid.

I *might* be near there tommorow, what was it? If there anything to do with Saxon pick something else.

I *might* be near there tommorow, what was it? If there anything to do with Saxon pick something else.

No nothing to do with Saxon,a small 30 year old dealership.

I know the Internet says 30 years, but me a local of 41 years says they have existed less than a year!

Yeah, definitely avoid Saxton, a friend of mine took his car there a while ago and it turned out they had super glued a broken wheel bolt on after snapping it doing some work. They have a terrible reputation...but that's for another thread.

I live in Chelmsford too and can't say I've heard of that dealer being there! If they have, it definitely hasn't been for long. Last time I drove round that way there was just a G4S cash handling depot, a fishing shop and a couple of tired looking office buildings, certainly wouldn't expect a car dealer to be there.

What car of theirs are you looking at anyway?

Last edited:
I know the Internet says 30 years, but me a local of 41 years says they have existed less than a year!

Thanks for your help Alf,much appreciated.

Yeah, definitely avoid Saxton, a friend of mine took his car there a while ago and it turned out they had super glued a broken wheel bolt on after snapping it doing some work. They have a terrible reputation...but that's for another thread.

I live in Chelmsford too and can't say I've heard of that dealer being there! If they have, it definitely hasn't been for long. Last time I drove round that way there was just a G4S cash handling depot, a fishing shop and a couple of tired looking office buildings, certainly wouldn't expect a car dealer to be there.

What car of theirs are you looking at anyway?

They are in Russell way near Widford ind est,was a friend of theirs wife's slk but decided against it now after some very useful help/info from forum members.

3 reviews all from September 2015 after being there for 30 year's? I think Steve has made the right choice.

Tony.

3 reviews all from September 2015 after being there for 30 year's? I think Steve has made the right choice.

Tony.

I noticed tha too when I was doing a bit of digging Tony.

Maybe they have been in business 30 years but at different location/name?

Well I had a look earlier and couldn't find them, then a artic tried to block me in, so I buggered off to Waterhouse (ex-main dealer, now authorised service) to book my car in for some recall work. So sorry Steve, but keep looking!

There are 2 Essex trade cars - both listed as Dissolved.
The website is registered to Mike Kean - but there is no record of him as a director of such a named company.

When checking a review site for Stebbings and Sandles, I noticed that both had in the region of roughly 30 reviews, varying from one star to five stars. I also noticed that MotorPoint had over 900 reviews, all five stars, and all written using lower case.

Turns out that the staff often write reviews when they are bored, hoping to drum up some trade. The moral of the story is to take reviews with a pinch of salt, unless the reviewer is a professional, such as Which, Autotrader, WhatCar or other publications that cannot be influenced by local opinion.

By and large, I suspect it's mostly unhappy customers who bother to write reviews. You could argue that a well-established business with few reviews, mostly bad, has not had very many such customers...

Well I had a look earlier and couldn't find them, then a artic tried to block me in, so I buggered off to Waterhouse (ex-main dealer, now authorised service) to book my car in for some recall work. So sorry Steve, but keep looking!

Thanks anyway Alf,going to give them a miss,plenty of others out there!

Just had a mooch down there out of interest while I was passing by. I couldn't see any evidence at all of a car dealer being located there.

When checking a review site for Stebbings and Sandles, I noticed that both had in the region of roughly 30 reviews, varying from one star to five stars. I also noticed that MotorPoint had over 900 reviews, all five stars, and all written using lower case.

Turns out that the staff often write reviews when they are bored, hoping to drum up some trade. The moral of the story is to take reviews with a pinch of salt, unless the reviewer is a professional, such as Which, Autotrader, WhatCar or other publications that cannot be influenced by local opinion.
One day I am going to write about my nightmare experience buying a £16500 C Class from Stebbings. How it passed the MOT is beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom