Estate boot liner/tray advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BfgSLKMan

North Germany and Sometimes South Germany
Car
S213 220d AMG Line (his) and A238 220d AMG Line (hers)
I currently have a Landrover Discovery Sport but am going to chop it in for a new E Estate over the summer (when it finally arrives). The E will be a keeper for many years and since we have a dog require some form of boot area protection. Currently we use a full height boot liner and a non slip floor mat. Looking at the Mercedes website they offer a boot tray and a more rigid looking higher sided box type version. Since this is a keeper I am not too worries about price so would appreciate some thoughts of anyone who may have one of these higher boot trays, especially are the sides rigid or reasonably flexible and how high up the side of the boot do they go (ideally to the window line?) and whether you would recommend one. Currently I am thinking a custom bootliner with a tray on the floor (as sadly I suspect in 5 years she (the dog that is) won't be with us any longer and I can remove the bootline and stick with the tray.

Any advice gratefully received.

I've had a few high sided one like this:
Boot tub, deep Load compartment for E-Class Estate from October 2016
"Suitable for transporting foodstuffs". Bizarre...and there's me thinking they're for transporting one's hunds or taking building and garden crap to the tip.

But not for £ 213.60. Usually £5 or £10 from Ebay, as they don't post too well.

They don't go anywhere near the window line, maybe half way up?

Last edited:
Back in 2008 when I got the S203, I bought a made to measure heavy cloth liner from seller Areches on eBay, he's still listed on there but currently has no active listings - although you can get to a "contact member" link (use "Advanced Search" by seller, then click on his feedback number).
IIRC it cost about £50, has a roll-out part to protect the boot lip, zips either side at the front for when the back seat is lowered, and can be put in the washing machine when required! 10 years old now, fitted in the S204 and still in full time use, I'm pretty happy with it.

I've had a few high sided one like this:
Boot tub, deep Load compartment for E-Class Estate from October 2016
"Suitable for transporting foodstuffs". Bizarre...and there's me thinking they're for transporting one's hunds or taking building and garden crap to the tip.

But not for £ 213.60. Usually £5 or £10 from Ebay, as they don't post too well.

They don't go anywhere near the window line, maybe half way up?

That's what I was afraid of, not withstanding the quality, I think it's a liner and a tray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom