Estate luggage kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NagaChilli

Car
2011 W204 C250 Sport
I am a newbie lert so please be gentle. I have sourced and ordered a luggage kit for my 'new to me' w204 estate. Rails etc all there. Is it easy to fit the rails?

Welcome.

Is it for the roof, or for the boot load area? Is it an original MB kit? Can you post a link to the kit you bought?

Welcome from a fellow S204 owner! Just got mine and the load area rails referred to in the manual were all missing :(

I am a newbie lert so please be gentle. I have sourced and ordered a luggage kit for my 'new to me' w204 estate. Rails etc all there. Is it easy to fit the rails?
Welcome to MBClub.

Are the rails already the floor of the cargo area? If so then fitting the bars is relatively straight forwards. If the rails are not there then I have no idea of what’s involved in retrofitting them.

I struggled with sending a pic but like the pic above. Rails need fitting for it to work. They appear to be part of the kit.

I struggled with sending a pic but like the pic above. Rails need fitting for it to work. They appear to be part of the kit.

You looked in manual for how to fit? It shows how in mine

I have the E Class set up in the photo. The rails are set (pretty deep) into the boot floor. I presume you'll need to cut back the carpet and create slots for the rails somehow (?).

Looks like you might need a drill ! hopefully not, you will only know by pulling the load area carpet up.

That looks the same as was supplied with my car from new, I understood that it Had to be ordered from new and could not be fitted as aftermarket due to the flooring being different what with the rails set flush into the floor.

that said nothing is impossible I guess so good luck and maybe if successful some pics and and update would be useful.

Robin

That looks the same as was supplied with my car from new, I understood that it Had to be ordered from new and could not be fitted as aftermarket due to the flooring being different what with the rails set flush into the floor.

that said nothing is impossible I guess so good luck and maybe if successful some pics and and update would be useful.

Robin

On my W204 Saloon, and the previous W203 Saloon, I retrofitted the 4 cargo-net hooks in the boot.

There's no after-market kit as such, instead I looked-up the P/Ns for the hooks and bolts etc on EPC, ordered these from a dealer, then uncovered the holes in the floor (capped from the factory with plastic plugs) and fitted the hooks.

So based on my experience with the saloon, there's a chance that the rails on the estate can be retrofitted? Worth checking on EPC how the rials are attached, or if the entire floorpan has a different P/N etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom