Estimated 0-60 for remapped e64 (5.5)?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psilonaught

Car
W212 E63
Excuse the typos in the heading can't edit it here!

Have any of those who have had one done measured their new 0-60?

I'll be remapping mine shortly so just curious. I believe mine does around 4.1sec currently.

Cheers.

You are unlikely to make any appreciable difference unless you are getting significantly improved torque and power. What are the pre-and post-remap estimates for your car?

You are unlikely to make any appreciable difference unless you are getting significantly improved torque and power. What are the pre-and post-remap estimates for your car?

I find that very hard to believe. The 5.5 maps to 700bhp, up from 557. My guess is that despite the 2wd, on a dry, warm day, it would be similar to a w213 e63?

Last edited:
The sprint to 60mph is as much about traction as it is about torque & horsepower. As you will know by experience, the W212 E63's acceleration performance off the line is traction limited, so while remapping will make it a little quicker, it won't be hugely quicker in a 0-60mph sprint.

You will notice much more difference in the 0-100mph sprint and high-speed roll-on acceleration where traction is less of an issue and aero becomes the biggest drag on performance (no pun intended).

I find that very hard to believe. The 5.5 maps to 700bhp, up from 557. My guess is that despite the 2wd, on a dry, warm day, it would be similar to a w213 e63?

What I actually said was that unless you get significantly more power and torque, it would make no difference. I'm not sure what you thought I said...

0-62 times are all about traction, you 5.5l will struggle to beat my Audi S5 3.0l to 62 due to it being 4 wheel drive. Its really a case of diminishing returns as power/torque increases, thats why a 1000hp car is not twice as fast as a 500hp car. You also need to consider weight, i bet just stripping out some weight in your E63 would result in faster 0-62 times than spending hundreds or thousands of pounds on remaps.

0-62 times are all about traction, you 5.5l will struggle to beat my Audi S5 3.0l to 62 due to it being 4 wheel drive. Its really a case of diminishing returns as power/torque increases, thats why a 1000hp car is not twice as fast as a 500hp car. You also need to consider weight, i bet just stripping out some weight in your E63 would result in faster 0-62 times than spending hundreds or thousands of pounds on remaps.
2013 Audi S5 3.0T 0-60: 4.7

2011 Mercedes E63 AMG 0-60: 4.3

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2013 Audi S5 3.0T 0-60: 4.7

2011 Mercedes E63 AMG 0-60: 4.3

I know from my previous car that I've managed to cracking timed 0-60 runs / 0-100 runs etc. but when I had it officially measured, which is the time in quarter mile thread, the day I did those times I really struggled to get any grip at North Weald so the times are pony.

Whereas my previous journey home involved a set of lights where I got the most amazing starts a lot of the time - just couldn't easily measure the times!

0.4s, if indeed that is the difference, is more than easily lost from a poorer start in a RWD car.

A 4WD car would be more consistent... and better in not such great conditions.

I read your statement as saying mapping to 700bhp would make no difference to my 0-60. In the dry, that just isn't true, sorry.

I read your statement as saying mapping to 700bhp would make no difference to my 0-60. In the dry, that just isn't true, sorry.
Mine is stage I map to 700/835 lb ft torque
I never checked the before to be honest so nothing to compare, but in my industrial estate I clocked 0-60 over 3 runs 3.4s, thought that was decent
Doubt I’d get that again atm as my rear tyres have definetely gone off

I simply can’t do launch controls/0-60 in my CLS63, even with huge wide tyres on a hot dry day it will just spin like fk. A 4Matic with half the BHP will win hands down.

In fact the last time I did 0-60 in any car I was about 19.

I think that most people have summed it up really, it's going to be at the higher speeds where the difference is noticeable, not 0 - 60 times as traction is the problem here.

However from 60/70 onwards, you'll really benefit form a decent map and it will just keep pulling through to very scary speeds. :)

I've not timed it yet but I reckon that my W213 would be at least as quick, if not quicker than my old W212 up to 60mph. And my old one was nearly 900bhp...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom