ET diffference

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brens-e200

Car
1990 230E W124, 1992 C124 220E
hi

Just picked up a second hand set of Mercedes alloys and while cleaning them noticed that 3 of them have an ET of 37 and 4th one has a 41 setting :confused::confused: .

Is this going to cause a major/minor issue when I go to install them on my 1999 v240 elegance ?

thanks in advance

brendan

Yes, one will be a different spacing out from centre.

thanks

hi

figured as much :( , now another question is where on the alloy can i find the part number and what sequence of numbers should it look like ?.

regards

brendan

Yes, one will be a different spacing out from centre.

it will be on the inside one one of the spokes and usually starts with a B.

or a A. :)

hi,

The 4th alloy is not a genuine Mercedes part and i'am going to get a quote for the correct type from a dealer the part number is 208 401 01 02.

In the mean time is it possible to use a 5mm spacer on one of the 37's and place both the 41/42 offsets on the rear wheels and leave the 37's at the front until i get teh money together for the genuine article ?

thanks in advance

brendan

Can you post a picture of the alloy you need ?

I'm sure Nick at Euromerc will have one at a good price.

hi,

The 4th alloy is not a genuine Mercedes part and i'am going to get a quote for the correct type from a dealer the part number is 208 401 01 02.

In the mean time is it possible to use a 5mm spacer on one of the 37's and place both the 41/42 offsets on the rear wheels and leave the 37's at the front until i get teh money together for the genuine article ?

thanks in advance

brendan

No, use a 4mm spacer on the odd wheel.

thanks to all

hi ,

thanks to all your your help I will contact nick at euromerc .

thanks once again

brendan

hi Howard

here's a picture of the alloy i need.

thanks once again

brendan

Can you post a picture of the alloy you need ?

I'm sure Nick at Euromerc will have one at a good price.

Attachments

• merc-16-wheel.jpeg
    merc-16-wheel.jpeg
    12 KB · Views: 89
sorry about this but

hi all,

well as the old saying goes " buy in haste and repent at leisure " :( i have been doing some more research on the wheels I bought and from reading up it would appear that for a 1999 E240 Elegance the recommend rim size is

7.5J X16 H2 ET41 ( one of which I have )

and not

7JX16H2 ET37 ( 3 of which I have :wallbash::wallbash: )

My question is it possible to use the 7JX16H2 ET37 and just buy another one to make the set of 4 or to I have to have the 7.5JX16H2 ET41 ?? . As funds are very low at the moment :doh::doh: and there is no refund on the wheels as they were bought as seen.

thanks in advance

brendan

PS: cant beat a bit of research and don't take someones words that they came of a matching year/car

I would put them back on Ebay and keep your beadies peeled for some more.

The narrower wheels you have are for a C-class or Clk, the wider one is for the E -class.

They should be pretty easy to sell on and obtain more.

maybe ?

hi

now trying to think of possible cheaper solutions rather than buying a whole new set , could i buy 1 new rim that's on ebay and then fit all 4 * ( 7JX16H2 ET37 ) with with 5mm spacers as a short term solution until i build up the reserves again to fund a complete PROPER set ??.

Sadly the cost of shipping alloys from Ireland overseas is very very expensive so it would have to be a local buyer :(

thanks lads for all your help its greatly appreciated.

regards

brendan

Will ET37 clear your calipers or rub the arches ?

You could but he wheels are the wrong width for your car.

Sell the three wrong ones and buy three correct ones.

hi

now trying to think of possible cheaper solutions rather than buying a whole new set , could i buy 1 new rim that's on ebay and then fit all 4 * ( 7JX16H2 ET37 ) with with 5mm spacers as a short term solution until i build up the reserves again to fund a complete PROPER set ??.

Sadly the cost of shipping alloys from Ireland overseas is very very expensive so it would have to be a local buyer :(

thanks lads for all your help its greatly appreciated.

regards

brendan

The 15" standard fit alloys are 7J so nothing to stop you using the 16 x 7J.

You dont need spacers, spacers REDUCE the offset not increase it. ET37 is listed as a fitment for W210 on 7.5J alloys so you will have no issues with 7J.

Last edited:
update

hi all,

thanks npuk for the info .

I tried fitting 2 of the suspect wheels ( 7JX16H2 ET37 ) to the front of the car today with it raised and then moved the steering from left to right and back again, there was no issue with scrapping on the inner walls or any interference with the brake calipers.

I then removed them from the front and tried them on the rear once again there was no interference with the calipers.

I then moved them back to the front and lowered the car and with car running there was no scrapping when going from full lock to full lock .

Took it for a short drive and all appeared well.

ah well now its decision time :dk::dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom