ETS light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
Currently working on a 210 and the dash shows an ETS Service warning. Being an Electronic Numpty what could be the possible causes. I have just (but not driven the car yet) changed the brake pads all round and front disks. The warning was there before I started the job. Any advice would be appreciated.

Will you still have it on Sunday, Ian? I'll have a look then.

Edit: no abs faults?

GazCaff said:
Will you still have it on Sunday, Ian? I'll have a look then.

Edit: no abs faults?
Not that I readily remember however I think there is a SBS fault. No hopefully it will be gone by then. Ah remembered something else. The heater blower has been removed for repair, wonders if that would throw errors into the system?

Ian B Walker said:
Not that I readily remember however I think there is a SBS fault. No hopefully it will be gone by then. Ah remembered something else. The heater blower has been removed for repair, wonders if that would throw errors into the system?
I very much doubt it, however it may be worth disconnecting the battery overnight to see if it is a stored fault that needs clearing (though disconnecting the battery may not work).

Edit - going to the pub quiz now, might have some more ideas when I get back.

I was wrong about the SBS light, its the ABS light and ETS light that are illuminated. Ordered a brake switch and will fit it tomorrow morning. If that doesn't cure it then its diagnostics time :crazy:

Ian B Walker said:
I was wrong about the SBS light, its the ABS light and ETS light that are illuminated. Ordered a brake switch and will fit it tomorrow morning. If that doesn't cure it then its diagnostics time :crazy:

It'll be an ABS sensor I'll bet because the ETS will need a speed reading from each wheel. Check to see if the cruise control functions.

GazCaff said:
Check to see if the cruise control functions.

Ah! reminds me. Better put TWO bottles of wine in Carol's car on Sunday....... :D

lol

Ian B Walker said:
Result, new brake switch cured the problem.

I'll eat my words, well done Ian :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom