EU ban on selling new Mercedes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't you just love the EU!

Sooner we have our referendum and get the heck out the better, IMO.

My son works in the refrigerant chemicals industry and knows this stuff inside out. I showed him the Telegraph article.

Apparently, the regulations only apply to completely new vehicles based on a new chassis or floorplan. Also, the new refrigereant isn't even available yet, so none of the motor manufacturers is using it. Mercedes are the only ones who have said, "no we won't, because of safety concerns".

It's another bit of EU bashing from the Telegraph. I understand that if they don't have at least one such article per day the complaint letters arrive by the sackful.

Last edited:
not correct, manufacturers are already using it. Mercedes too have already used it in some cars and want to recall cars with it.

It's only the damn French that have complained about it, I really do not understand why we even went to war with the Germans to save the French...!!!!

Interesting that the French motor industry is up the shoot, so ban imports and the French will have to buy French cars. The French gov. cannot be seen to be financially supportive, maybe a back door approach :D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom