EU Declared War on Drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brussels is furthering its campaign to create a United States of Europe, which would work if we all spoke the same language and had the same culture, but we don't.

For example, the Spanish like torturing Bulls while the British like torturing Foxes, the French like torturing Frogs while the Italians like torturing everything. Even our sports are different. English football thugs are vastly different from their Dutch counterparts.

And as for driving, the rest of Europe, apart from Gibraltar, drive on the wrong side of the road.

So, should we become a United States of Europe? Well, I think the introduction of the Euro clearly shows that each country should have a proper national border, with its own proper national government that works in favour of the local population rather than some bureaucracy that doesn't understand local needs.

I wonder how many Europeans wish they still had their own national currency?

Do we want bosses who speak our lingo, or bosses that have no idea what our grievances are?

And as for driving, the rest of Europe, apart from Gibraltar, drive on the wrong side of the road.

And Ireland

I think a United States of Europe is not a bad thing. The individual states of the US have different local laws from guns to income tax, gay marriages etc much like we have do in the different countries in Europe. They even have right-hand-drive cars (mainly used for delivery purposes only).

I personally think that the constitution of our European parliament is a bit screwy hence the disengagement. Given time I am sure it will correct itself. After all it took many centuries for the United States to become a truly united states, and some may argue that the north and south divide stills exists today.

I think a United States of Europe is not a bad thing..

You forget a few thousand land invading migrants who share pretty much the same (capitalist) values from 200 years ago is hardly the same as 20 or so vastly different countries, languages, traditions, beliefs, royal families, two world wars and more importantly, football teams, cannot be forced into a homogenised "US of E".

I am, however,massively in favour of maintaining the "common market" and staying in the EU.

Daily Express article. About as reliable as asking David Ike for a balanced assessment of the royal family.

Move on, nothing to see here.

Actually, Gibraltar switched to the wrong side of the road back in 1929 ...

In or out that's the question but what are the conditions attached to each and what question will they actually ask come referendum time?

EU War on drivers

These so-called guidelines have existed for some time and are nothing new. As regards in or out of the EU, there is an understandable public belief that so many of these EU laws are created by continental Europeans, for want of better words. However there is a large UK contingent in Brussels, of both elected members and non-elected so-called experts, who have, and have had for many years, a large influence on the legislation which come out of Brussels. If the UK exits the EU, those same people will be back here pursuing their agendas, so leaving the EU will not necessarily rid us of these encumbrances to our economic prosperity.

It's not the nationality of these creative retards, it's the structure setup that makes them thrive - the Westminster model is not conducive to this kind of institutionalised idiocy, with its, though rather rudimentary, accountability built-in...

These so-called guidelines have existed for some time and are nothing new. As regards in or out of the EU, there is an understandable public belief that so many of these EU laws are created by continental Europeans, for want of better words. However there is a large UK contingent in Brussels, of both elected members and non-elected so-called experts, who have, and have had for many years, a large influence on the legislation which come out of Brussels. If the UK exits the EU, those same people will be back here pursuing their agendas, so leaving the EU will not necessarily rid us of these encumbrances to our economic prosperity.

As someone who has sat on an EU committee in Brussels I can assure you that the rest of continental Europe take absolutely no notice of the British experts. If they did we would not have seen the demise of our coal and steel industries and now the onslaught to rid us of coal fired power stations by 2025 despite Germany building 9 new ones.

Continental Europe in Brussels hate the UK because we don't fall over and cow tow to their rediculous demands. Other countries do because they need to be in the EU the UK can survive with or without it as it will still remain the finance capital of Europe whether we are in or out.

If anyone thinks our MEP'S or experts have any say or clout in Europe then they are sadly mistaken

EU declares WAR on drivers: Brussels meddlers want congestion charge in EVERY town

That's fine, I'll just shop elsewhere. Maybe the good woman will end up buying less crap too?

Currently, we don't go into central London or Dublin for that matter, no congestion charge there but city council along with some 'Green' push bike councillors are making it difficult to drive and limiting access at great expense. And I'd suggest at great expense to the retailers too. Out of town shopping centres seem to be booming.

As for the comment about E.C. member countries returning to their own currency, no thanks. From a personal perspective we spend time in the U.K., Ireland, Germany and Portugal. Two currencies is all that's required which is great compared to pre 2000.

The Sunday Express could have saved aggrieving a whole load of electrons and pixels by just printing VOTE OUT.

Thread closed guys...sorry.

No politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom