eu helps itself to savers money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A ban on politics/football/religion is not the answer.. Moving OT out of the limelight but allowing all discussion topics is far more sensible.

It just needs to be excluded from new posts / todays posts as a forum - so those here for mercedes info can find it.... and those who come only to debate can do so without it overpowering the forum purpose.

Do as other forums do limit it's visibility or limit that discussion topic to a single thread.

Hi Paul,

You have been a member for a good while and have a few posts under your belt too. However the rules which we are politley asking to be respectfully observed are not new. They certainly predate hen you joined the forum for instance.

While I am not saying we are not open to constructive feedback in the appropriete format, I am saying that we are not looking for a solution to this. We have an approach and rules to support that and we are asking people to respect that.

We hope members can observe what is requested and moderate themselves. No threads need be closed or any other action taken that way. If members cannot or will not respect what we have asked then our options are limited.

Regards
Graham

This weekend coming I could be headed the Wales way, I'll drop you a PM if so. Its weather dependent, I've got a week off and fancy a tour, so its Wales if its half decent down there, or the highlands if decent up there?

Let me know... am around next weekend... a trip round wales sounds good. Mind you I will be in Scotland next month... need to go to Aberdeen so might just have to take the car....

White vanmen are the kings of aggro and driving flat out everywhere.

If you had a 1.3 diesel engine you'd never dare slow down either.

I had a 106 Van 1.5d back in the day... that was real mans driving... no hair dryer and not many donkeys.

It would do 122 indicated on that big dip on the A14 Eastbound... :)

Not sure what showing some historical figures add here?

From memory, diesel is about £1.45 per litre, of which ~70p is tax in one form or another.

Compare that to when tax used to be over 80% of the retail price...

At the end of the day it a charge that has to be paid for the luxury of motoring, but it you don't like it either use less fuel or tell your politician... :)

Historical data, if you consider Feb 2013 to be out of date :crazy:

Here's a clue, the Duty or VAT hasn't gone down. :fail

Historical data, if you consider Feb 2013 to be out of date :crazy:

Here's a clue, the Duty or VAT hasn't gone down. :fail
But the cost of the oil has gone up... :doh:

The table it showed under the "Tax" heading was only upto 2011...That's historical.

Instead of just being lazy and posting an out of date link, why not post some figures? :fail

Hi Paul,

You have been a member for a good while and have a few posts under your belt too. However the rules which we are politley asking to be respectfully observed are not new. They certainly predate hen you joined the forum for instance.

While I am not saying we are not open to constructive feedback in the appropriete format, I am saying that we are not looking for a solution to this. We have an approach and rules to support that and we are asking people to respect that.

We hope members can observe what is requested and moderate themselves. No threads need be closed or any other action taken that way. If members cannot or will not respect what we have asked then our options are limited.

Regards
Graham

Graham, Your forum, your rules. :D

It might be if we had that scenario, but a small group of old men moaning about politics every day is highly tedious.

If I wanted that, I'd go and visit my Father in Law..which I don't anymore for that very reason.

So son in law the truth is out is it ?

View attachment 35046

Last edited:
But the cost of the oil has gone up... :doh:

The table it showed under the "Tax" heading was only upto 2011...That's historical.

Instead of just being lazy and posting an out of date link, why not post some figures? :fail

You are difficult aren't you .... The link isn't out of date really, the data is current, the example is representative of the split between the cost elements of a litre. As you can see they're updating fuel prices every month, do you not think they'd update the split if it changed?

Anyway, just to humour you, you big ignoramus. :rolleyes:;):p

The Original FuelProtest.com Web Site

You are difficult aren't you ....

The word you are looking for is "precise".

Instead of posting links to politically motivated websites, just tell us how much the tax is on a litre of diesel.

What really makes me laugh is that we don't really care about paying the tax on fuel, otherwise no-one would be driving V8 engined cars..of which there are quite an abundance on this forum.
So it can only be that people want to have a moan and long winded rant about nothing.

Last edited:
The word you are looking for is "precise".

Instead of posting links to politically motivated websites, just tell us how much the tax is on a litre of diesel.

Can we do that on Thursday ?

I believe that the post-Budget analysis will give us the answer.

...but does anyone know why the Cyprus Government has chosen to levy the 10% tax on bank accounts when the rest of the bail-out Governments didn't?

...but does anyone know why the Cyprus Government has chosen to levy the 10% tax on bank accounts when the rest of the bail-out Governments didn't?

Presumably it's because they are cash strapped, so as people withdraw their funds the Gov't gets some to assist with the ongoing financial meltdown.

What about Cypriot ex pats living in UK can they touch their accounts in UK banks. Its a buggers muddle to be sure.

According to BBC web-site "depositors in the overseas arms of Cypriot banks will not be hit. Bank of Cyprus UK and Laiki Bank UK both confirmed on their websites that there would be no impact."

But having read into this a bit further - it seems you get the allocated bank shares as compensation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom