Euro breakdown cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Norman

Car
Cls 320cdi
Does anyone have any recommendations on decent cover without paying a fortune going away in summer for about 17 days to Lithuania and have some prices from £47 upto crazy amounts for what looks like tbe same level of cover.
Thanks

Extend who you are with for the UK?

Often cheapest

The usual lot might not have contacts in place in Lithuania, so that will restrict.
Also, recovery to home would cost a few quid
And road side as and when from a local for a nice UK chap in a nice Merc could be surprisingly expensive....;)

Sorry though, no recommendations

Some bank accounts include cover depending on account type, always worth checking.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We normally buy trip cover from the RAC.

Does your car qualify for the MB Mobilio breakdown cover, provided if you have it services at a main dealer?

Make sure you have the Mercedes-Benz emergency number for each country you travel through; they will then put you in touch with the nearest dealership who will have a breakdown recovery service .

Don’t know if you still get the Europa book in newer cars ? It gave contact numbers for every dealer in Europe.

While anyone can help you with running out of fuel / flat tyre / fanbelt and the like , for many things the dealer will be the best bet .

Do carry a few basic parts ( besides bulb kit which will be compulsory) like fuses , drive belts , dizzy cap if applicable ... and a set of tools , many minor things can be sorted at the roadside in minutes .

Also check with your insurer that your car will be recovered home if in a smash - otherwise you can end up liable for import duty to where it ends up .

Also that insurance covers cost of you getting home if car is immobile .

Some insurers may offer breakdown service too ..

As Greenmanslk said above - e.g. I have European coverage included in Mercedes Roadside Assistance, as the car is on the Service Care Plan - so you might already have this covered?

The Mercedes Roadside Assistance is useful (it saved my bacon last year when the SLK threw a hissy fit on a Dutch motorway), but given that there's only 3 dealerships in the whole of Lithuania I wouldn't be relying on just that. Defo worth getting some extra cover.

Cheers,

Gaz

In the past I used cover provided by Aviva (my current insurer) as an addition to the existing policy.

At current the car is still covered by Mobilo (it had an MB dealer service in November) which includes European breakdown and recovery.

Reactions: GLK
If you have fmbsh then MOBILO EUROPE covers you. If not , when is your next service due? If before you go, then consider getting it done by your local mb dealer. That might be cost effective. You can always haggle with them as a returning customer!

With rac at the min been a few times on old car didnt really bother with it apart from basic but now with the kids will want it to get us there fixing wont be a problem just need to get there or back hopefully wont need it. Was thinking about servicing it before we go but it was suppossed to have been serviced when i got it apporx 3000 miles ago. Its off in to mb to get a patch of rust sorted so will quiz them whilst there. Oh its a 08 cls 320cdi

i travel to europe every year and always had european breakdown cover just in case (the highest breakdown cover option from different companies like rac, aa, aviva etc) luckily there was once need to use it.
as owning mercedes now and it is fmdsh i have mobilo and hope it is jusr enough, as again just in case.

Ok so didnt have a clue what mobilo was till now and still dont fully understand it. So if i get it serviced at dealer then this will start again for a year and cover me in europe. How much does it cover exactly as i really dont have any idea about this.
Thanks

Forget whay ive just put the cars last services weren't by mb and from what i can find they only cover if they are only ones who have serviced it

There's some details here:

Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance

When I conked out in the Netherlands, I rang the central number which routed back to someone in the UK so no language worries. They arranged to recover the car to the local Mercedes dealership where they diagnosed the problem and lent me a car - only a Smart, but what the hell - while they fixed mine so I could carry on my journey. They relieved me of €250 for the privilege of replacing the crank position sensor, which struck me as a bit steep, but I wasn't in a position to argue and the service was overall very good.

Cheers,

Gaz

Forget whay ive just put the cars last services weren't by mb and from what i can find they only cover if they are only ones who have serviced it

The roadside assistance will kick in again if you get it serviced at a dealers.

Ok so didnt have a clue what mobilo was till now and still dont fully understand it.
Join the club.

In fact, I didn't know it existed until I was checking my digital service record earlier this evening, and have been trying to find out exactly what it gets you. Could be jolly handy, as I may be trundling off to France for a short break in a few weeks, and normally I'd either extend the AA breakdown cover, or take out the Shuttle's own.

But struggling to find out. Have already looked at the link posted by gaz, above, but it's a bit short on proper Ts'n'Cs, what you actually get etc. And the links from the Digital Service Book page are

a) to German web pages

Daimler - Mercedes-Benz Personenwagen - welcome
Daimler - Mercedes-Benz Personenwagen - welcome

and (b) end up resolving to the German home page anyway.

Now here is another puzzle. From what I've read so far, Mobilo gets renewed when you have the car serviced by an MB dealer. But the last 3 services on my car were done by Indys (Mercanix in Bracknell and Klasse in Fulham). The last one was by Klasse at 69.3K miles (11K ago) in May 2017.

upload_2018-3-20_1-14-28.png

And yet this is what I see on the DSB page:

upload_2018-3-20_1-18-55.png

So how come I've got Mobilo cover?

Looks like Klasse has entered your sevice record onto MB digital database. That does not necessarily mean you get Mobilio cover......

Both the independents entered the service record onto the database, Klasse in 2017 and Mercanix in 2016 & 2015.

I'm slightly surprised that the website is dumb enough to reset the Mobilo timer when that happens, but I guess not ever so - I admit I sometimes wonder if the qualification you need to be a website designer is to score 75% or more when asked what your name is....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom