Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnsco

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E280CDI SPORTS ESTATE and C200 KOMPRESSOR SE Coupe Auto (1.8 lit petrol)
I go to ECP (which is 2 minutes from where I spend most of my working time) ... and guess what.
The guy at the counter says that the 25% discount only applies to on-line purchases - And not over the counter .

Is that our understanding of the deal ??

Why not at the trade counter ?

It is our, well my understanding, but if I recall correctly you can (or soon can) order online to collect at the counter with the discount...

MR ECP will have to explain why...

johnsco said:
I go to ECP (which is 2 minutes from where I spend most of my working time) ... and guess what.
The guy at the counter says that the 25% discount only applies to on-line purchases - And not over the counter .

Is that our understanding of the deal ??

Why not at the trade counter ?

Hi John,

We supply the long term forum discounts as support to the forum, We also pay for the privilidge to spend time here, trying to offer help, advice and defend our reputation against members who regularly choose to take shots at us (not just MBCLUB to be fair) -
We are mainly here to help improve our reputation and not sell parts Lets be honest, sales from a forum won't really boost our sales in any way, but I hope that we have helped some members since being here....

However its a gesture of support to you guys, and the other forums we work with.

The discount is applied by the code being entered at the checkout online. The reason branches can't discount is that most branches are unable to discount parts by as much as 25% which is why we have always said it is for online use only. Euro Car Parts Terms & Conditions| Car Part | Car Accessories Clause 25.21 on T&C's.

One of the big reasons we launched Click and Collect is to allow you to order parts online - USING A DISCOUNT CODE and then collecting in store - The website can override the price issue, allowing you to collect your discounted parts in-store - Win Win...

nick mercedes said:
Perhaps he could explain why these are £187

FAI Vauxhall | Euro Car Parts UK

But other factors are charging £78 for the same thing??

vauxhall corsa/agila 1.3 cdti z13dt timing chain kit | eBay

Hi Nick -

No need to explain our selves, the easiest explanation is that we have much higher overheads, than a eBay customer who sells out of their own lock-up. Also eBay is a bad example, as nobody knows the history of that seller, the origin of those goods, or the after sales support they will give.

We always aim to be competitively priced, and with the help of forums like yourselves, pointing out individual products, where we are being beaten on price we can feed the information back to our product management team, for them to see if that products price can be improved, in order to increase sales.

Thanks for your help Nick

Patrick

Last edited:
No need to explain our selves, the easiest explanation is that we have much higher overheads, than a eBay customer who sells out of their own lock-up. Also eBay is a bad example, as nobody knows the history of that seller, the origin of those goods, or the after sales support they will give.

They seem like a level company:

Redmans Engine Centre Ltd Homepage

BTW GSF want £107 for the kit.

Whatever happend to the days when parts were cheap at ECP?

I appreciate that nobody can be the cheapest for everything, but you guys always seem to be double the cost else where - I know that I can get 25% off, but you're still miles away from GSF prices...

They seem like a level company:

Redmans Engine Centre Ltd Homepage

BTW GSF want £107 for the kit.

Whatever happend to the days when parts were cheap at ECP?

I appreciate that nobody can be the cheapest for everything, but you guys always seem to be double the cost else where - I know that I can get 25% off, but you're still miles away from GSF prices...

Hi Nick,

As i said, There will always be parts that we are out priced on (we list over 110,000 parts) so its odd balls like this when [even after the discount] we are over priced, that we rely on feedback from yourselves - The product team can then review the part and adjust if necessary. :D

I don't think its fair to say 'the days when ECP were cheap has gone' - Remember all of our website prices are normal retail prices INCLUDING VAT We all know that everything has gone up in price, from the raw material to the transport! :( As you probably know we are growing at an amazing rate (30 branches in the past 24 months) and are nearing 100 branches - however no other motor-factor is investing this amount of money into their development and growth!

In fairness to ECP, they are more often than not considerably cheaper than Halfords, who in turn can be cheaper than main dealers. So at worst ECP are middle of the road for price, but with having more retail stores opening are a quite convenient option to people like me.

In fairness to ECP, they are more often than not considerably cheaper than Halfords, who in turn can be cheaper than main dealers. So at worst ECP are middle of the road for price, but with having more retail stores opening are a quite convenient option to people like me.

*Everyone* is cheaper than Halfords...

It just seems odd that the parts I've needed over the last few months have been so much cheaper at GSF, who are also a fair sized national chain too.

As i said, There will always be parts that we are out priced on (we list over 110,000 parts) so its odd balls like this

Well the last lot was discs and pads for a Vivaro, so not really an odd ball, surely a big seller (?) and this is parts for a Corsa, the UK's best selling car, it would not be so bad if you guys were close in price, but over £100 more for the chain kit?

*Everyone* is cheaper than Halfords...
Yeah, thats very true, and in fairness its not fair to compare a motor-factors (who mainly deal with traders, therefore we have to be cheaper than retail) against a fully blown retail company (who have to over inflate their prices to cover their retail exposure)

It just seems odd that the parts I've needed over the last few months have been so much cheaper at GSF, who are also a fair sized national chain too.

Nick,

Yes GSF are a similar company, however in the past 2 years, we have opened 30 branches in 24 months - GSF have opened 3, Andrew page has opened 2

Are you a trader? if so maybe your local branch would be able to put you on a garage account.

If not, next time you are having price troubles, let me know and we can look at it, to see if we are missing a trick..

Well the last lot was discs and pads for a Vivaro, so not really an odd ball, surely a big seller (?) and this is parts for a Corsa, the UK's best selling car, it would not be so bad if you guys were close in price, but over £100 more for the chain kit?

I find it hard to believe we were beaten on discs and pads :O - We pride our selves on our OE Quality Pagid range being the best value for money available! - As for the Corsa chain, we have sold less that 100 this year, but that could be down to price - again, ill pass this onto the product managers for review!

I do appreciate your feedback! thanks for taking the time, and i hope that one day, we can change your opinion of us to a positive one :)

Last edited:
If you don't want the parts fine, and pointing out that is cheaper elsewhere is also fine.

ECP answered those as reasonably as possible on an open forum.

I'm not sure this is really the place to argue about how good or bad their pricing policy is.

Most of us know if we are getting a good service or not?

If you don't want the parts fine, and pointing out that is cheaper elsewhere is also fine.

ECP answered those as reasonably as possible on an open forum.

I'm not sure this is really the place to argue about how good or bad their pricing policy is.

I just wondered why the chain kit was over £100 more, that's all.

But I do fondly remember the days when ECP were the cheapest, now they don't even seem to be even competitive with their peers, despite forum discounts and talk of massive investment...

Hi guys,

There's nothing wrong with several traders on one forum, it ensures the customers get better deals, and a wider range of products - One quick glance at Nicks website lists a whole host of parts we don't list! Which spells better news for the customer!

Like he said before he's a possible customer of our aswell, aslong as there's no ill comments, then there's no issues :) - its a sad case but we're used to people slagging us off (not saying you are Nick, but some of your comments could me taken as a dig at us), aslong as customers can see we're eager to improve.

Nick I'm going to drop you a PM with some details that might interest you.

I think that's all that needs to be said now :) let's all get along!

Patrick

Nick,

FFS why don't you just tell ECP Guy you are euromercwebstore, a competitor of his?

If this is the case, (its not in Nick's profile), then this thread his misled me
mad.gif

If not, I'm confused.

I recently had a set of plugs for my E320. With the discount, they were the cheapest I could find. With free delivery & received the following day. This could'nt be better.
Thanks, ECP.

Chain kits are £107 at my local GSF...

Turns out list price from Vauxhall is only £107 anyway for a genuine one, so off to pick up a genuine one, discounted to £85...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom