Euro Car parts duo valve - any good ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ekko Star

Need to replace my W202 duo valve and not intent on dealership prices.

I see Euro car parts do one for £88+VAT. Has anybody tried it ? Is it OEM, does it work ok and is it any good ?

Have tried dismantling mine before but didn't work, I think it's probably had it.

Not worth 2nd hand one at half the price as it's already 10yrs old and likely to go wrong and give up the ghost as well.

The euro parts one is a failry reasonable price but just want to know if it is any good or an OEM ?

Don't know if its OEM or not.:confused: Give them a phone and ask who makes the one they supply??? any German based manufacturer will probably be OK.

I'd never buy anything from Euro without checking the dealership price first. Sometimes they are cheaper.

there are different spec valves.

You need to at least get the correct part number for your car by giving the parts person your VIN at the Merc dealer.

Then go shopping for a compatible version.

You are very likely to get the wrong version from EuroCP without the above info.

I ended up getting a 2nd hand one off these forums !

Well I thought it best to try that 1st. It's obviously far cheaper but it also let me know cost effectively if the valve was actually the problem. This way I could use the replacement for as long as it lasts then simply get a new one knowing that was the fault.

I swapped it out tonight and it was indeed the valve. I am getting cold air once again !

Thanks for all your help.

I ended up getting a 2nd hand one off these forums !

Well I thought it best to try that 1st. It's obviously far cheaper but it also let me know cost effectively if the valve was actually the problem. This way I could use the replacement for as long as it lasts then simply get a new one knowing that was the fault.

I swapped it out tonight and it was indeed the valve. I am getting cold air once again !

Thanks for all your help.

You could try stripping the old valve and cleaning it, this way you may be able to get it working again, should be easy enough to check when its out.

id never but anything from eurocarparts full stop.
have tried their products and they all seem poor quality compared to GSF.

It depends what quality you buy as they stock a vast range from cheap and nasty to high quality OEm stuff.

Sorry Pupsi, that is a load of tosh... they stock a vast range and they will offer two or more qualities and often will stock original MB too.

id never but anything from eurocarparts full stop.
have tried their products and they all seem poor quality compared to GSF.

I have had a couple of poor quality items from eurocarparts, and more than once a wrong part delivered, but they do have some good quality stuff (same as GSF) and genuine parts as well, there is a GSF in Peterborough now, and i will use them when i can, had some brakes for the c230k and all seem good quality at a reasonable price (rear discs and pads all round for less than £100).

I work for ECP and i can honestly say all our parts are O.E spec yeah we have some cheaper options but if you want a quality O.E product ECP is the place you will get it

ECP air and oil filters are top quality.

Ekko Star
There is a very good thread on cleaning a duo valve in the HOW TO section. I am not sure if it is the same as yours but I hope it helps.

Good luck

MFK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom