Euro Car Parts. Excellent service and a policy change that may be useful.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
I was looking over the cars earlier this morning and noticed that the rear brake pads on the MB had worn down to around 3mm.

As I have a spare set of pads (and currently for some reason we seem to have no social engagements in the diary!)I added this to my list of jobs but realised that I had run out of brake cleaner.

Looking on the ECP website showed a new policy change, only Key workers are now allowed to pick up items from the Branches and i.d is required

To counter this free same day delivery was being offered (clearly some more remote parts of the UK will be exempt from this) for orders of £15 or more. My order came to under £7 but I was offered the chance at checkout to still have same day delivery for an extra £1.95. Having placed my order at 10:55 I was somewhat surprised to see the ECP delivery van and a very friendly lady driver with my order at 12:!0.

Now I and i now others have had problems with this company in the past and may well have again but credit where it is due for excellent customer service.

Great service, plus they are getting some cash flow and paying some wages. If the vans are doing some garage drop-offs it makes sense to do privates en-route even at a discount.

My mechanic gave up today and shut his doors after servicing the Mrs' car, apparently the motor factors are not delivering.

My mechanic gave up today and shut his doors after servicing the Mrs' car, apparently the motor factors are not delivering.
Should have told him to try EuroCarParts :D

I find ECP a bit hit and miss, and parts they say will fit after inputting the Reg# often don't, which is both annoying and frustrating.
Where they do fail, in normal times, is the amount of time you have to wait to get served. Never ever enough counter staff in my local branch.
I won't knock the delivery service. Its very good.

I use PCS in Derby. Even with all the databases getting the right part can be difficult. But the guys there will spend time and brain cells to find the answer. Good prices too.

I've used ECP for years … Always found them pretty good.
All suppliers (including MB dealers) will sometimes get a part wrong.
Some years ago, I wanted a front ABS sensor for Mrs J's W126 E380SE.
After two wasted journeys to MB Bradford, I was told that my car was not originally fitted with ABS !!!!
I visited ECP in Leeds and got the correct one in 24 hours.
Thanks ECP

The supply of the right parts can be hit and miss,I use a indy at Colchester and he is only around 2 miles from the MB dealership at Colchester but orders all his parts from the Ipswich MB dealership because the parts person knows what he is doing,and both dealerships are owned by the same group.

This is very true.
Service can vary enormously between different main dealers of the same group.
When I previously lived in Leeds, I used to buy British Leyland spares from Appleyards in Leeds.
The spares counter there was excellent.
Everything was checked out on the viewing screens that they had and the counter staff really knew their stuff.
When I moved to Barnsley - How different it was.
There was a BL dealer not far from home (Can't remember the name).
They were a complete waste of time.
Their prize performance was the day I asked for a sump-plug copper washer for a Mini 1100 engine.
Blank looks …. "Oh no sir - We don't stock those" … Not even an offer to obtain one

OP, question: the pads got down to 3 mm , does you car not have warning sensors in the pads ? I know many cars do not, and on the rear some only have them in one pad per wheel.
Just curious.

OP, question: the pads got down to 3 mm , does you car not have warning sensors in the pads ? I know many cars do not, and on the rear some only have them in one pad per wheel.
Just curious.

He has a W211 which has sensors on one side front and rear AFAIK.

Just curious.

Yes it has a single rear wear sensor, it has not triggered yet. I have had wear sensor wires break and fail to trigger hence checking brake wear rather than rely on the sensors.

I needed brush cleaner urgently yesterday, I tried everywhere, and as it’s obviously not urgent under the current rules, (I’m in lockdown with my oh who has health issues) I had to get it delivered.
In desperation I tried ecp, they had a good quality cleaner at half the price of ebay etc....looked up delivery, £1.95 same day...fantastic, major brownie points coming up.
However, all the painful memories of dealing with staff who were obviously off sick when the customer facing module was being rolled out in training came surging back. I just couldn’t press that last “confirm order” key.
Great to know that someone’s happy with them though.
I will need a battery shortly......I wonder?

I needed brush cleaner urgently yesterday, I tried everywhere, and as it’s obviously not urgent under the current rules, (I’m in lockdown with my oh who has health issues) I had to get it delivered.
In desperation I tried ecp, they had a good quality cleaner at half the price of ebay etc....looked up delivery, £1.95 same day...fantastic, major brownie points coming up.
However, all the painful memories of dealing with staff who were obviously off sick when the customer facing module was being rolled out in training came surging back. I just couldn’t press that last “confirm order” key.
Great to know that someone’s happy with them though.
I will need a battery shortly......I wonder?

You needed something urgently, you found a same day supplier for what you said was a good product at a good price and because of previous problems dealing with staff in branch you decided not to go ahead?

I have had issues with ECP before, also Amazon and others but if they have what I want then...............

What had you to lose?

I always thought the sensors were only fitted to the front as well :dk:
My W203 and the W211 have rear pads with a cutout for the sensor. The pad set came with a sensor in the box.

The comment (post #17) regarding ECP staff rings a bell.
For a number of years, I worked in Bradford and used ECP close by my workplace.
The guy at the sales counter was a picture of misery every time I went in there.
OK - He knew what he was doing and did the business
BUT ...
Service with a smile …… It was not.
When I moved to Leeds, the difference was electric !!
ECP have two sales counters in Leeds.
The guy on the West Leeds counter was one of the most cheerful and most helpful people you could wish to meet.
The staff at the Cross Green (East Leeds) counter are generally very helpful and good to deal with.
When I bought 4 brake discs, the guy just picked them up (without asking) and carried them to my car.
Great service !.
[Maybe it's my age !!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom