Euro Car Parts Never

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tcb180

Car
Mercedes E320 Auto
I bought a bottom ball joint for my E320 Cdi 2007 V6. It was a Lemforder one for £17 odd delivered.

Cracking price so hit Buy It Now after confirming that the part was correct for my car.

Took the car yesterday to have said ball joint fitted together with pair of front lower Meyle HD Arms.. Went walkies only to receive a call stating that the ball joint was wrong one. So wasted day and garage ordered correct one up delaying me hours.

Euro car parts ducking and diving as ever.

Can anyone throw any light on what vehicles this Lemforder one may fit. It is approx 33mm diameter wheras the proper one is 51mm I believe.

Numbers on the box are 617 22 0555 which Lemforder have no record of.
And another number of 280770.

Attached is my online rating of Euro Car Parts.

ANY IDEAS WHAT MERC IT FITS? I JUST WANT TO SELL IT ON NOW.
I tapped a one star rating but these morons are not worth that.

1) My lad bought oil and filter for Subaru. Wrong filter. Take it back to local depot. Can't find filter for us. Reckon there are loads. Wrong. Classic scooby has two.

2) Lad bought oil and filter for Passat TDi. Engine oil was graded for trucks so garage could not use it.

3) Oil filter for my car was wrong. I couldn't be bothered by now so vowed not ever to use them ever again and sold the wrong filter on.

4) A few weeks back saw a Lemforder bottom ball joint for my Merc at a very good price. Tapped in the car details" Yep this definitely fits your car. So hit buy it now button without realising it was these idiots again. Thought oh ****e? But what could go wrong with this pretty standardised fitment.

Few weeks later car goes into Indy garage whilst I go walkies. Phone call. The ball joint is wrong one. Wasted a day as I was miles away and had to wait for correct part.

Contact the Muppets,who then get me doing all the research. When I give them what I think is the correct part number the tell me. Yes this part fits your car press the buy it now button to confirm your purchase.

BE WARNED! DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET INVOLVED WITH THESE IDIOTS. tHEY ARE A DISGRACE TO THE MOTOR TRADERS ASSOCIATION.

Ordered 6 glowplugs from them . checked the stock and they had them all in stock. dismantled the car then dispatched son to pick them up before he went to work. He called to say they only had four and the other two would be in later that day.

Brilliant , my car in bits and son off to work and the missus is working.

Asked if they could be dropped off whilst the driver was delivering them to the shop and was told no as they had to go to the shop even though i had paid for them.

Ended up getting a taxi to pick them up and a one hour job took five :wallbash:

Moral of the story , get the parts before starting the work.

Kenny

If the Lemforder part did not fit why not return it rather than try selling it on?

If the Lemforder part did not fit why not return it rather than try selling it on?

This.

Last time they did something similar to me, I put the parts back in the box and went back to ask for the right one.

Last edited:
As above, sounds like you got supplied the anti roll bar ball joint, these things happen.

I think the only way with these aftermarket suppliers is to verify the MB part number, either at the dealership or with the EPC, and then cross-reference the MB number to the equivalent from Lemfoerder, Sachs, whoever.

RayH

sounds more a case of the buyer didnt know what he was buying at the time . the part supplied does fit his car , not ecp's fault if he dont know the exact part needed. tbh ,keep the part you got , you may need it in the future ...

No. I think ECP frequently list parts as fitting one car when they don't. - Perhaps it's not really their fault, but I suspect they assume that one part fits all variants of a particular model.

The tie rod ends I bought were simply too small for the thread on my car, but they had listed my model as a fitment. - After some rummaging around they did find another set with larger thread (which cost me a little more over the price I'd paid for the incorrect parts).
The staff were quite good about it; they didn't argue that it was my mistake which makes me think they're used to this kind of thing.

You will find Mercedes have access to epc, I think both parts are listed as front lower ball joint.

Stopped using Euro Craparts years ago, the amount of times I'd have a car up in the air on the ramp to be told they'd supplied the wrong part got so bad it was hilarious.

They ok... you just need to check every part when collecting lol.

Or you could buy a genuine Siemens maf to find out its a fake in a genuine box

I have a similar story from a different motorfactors when buying a auxiliary belt for the wife's Zafira, gave them all the cars details etc., the sold me a belt, when I tried to fit it it was tool long.

Luckily they are just down the road so when I went back he said " Oh yea , there are two variants on that engine so I just picked one of them..it was 50/50 that I got it right !!"

Di*k head.

What if it had been an emergency spare for a long distance drive across Europe or I lived miles away ?? :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom