Euro Car Parts pay fine to Daimler Chrysler £££££

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They were lucky it was £50k. Daimler don't like copies and will take you all the way.

On another note, it seems ECP were selling aftermarket alloys that were copies of designs of original MB wheels?

Dont know the date of this its hard to find out nothing on the message but ---
View attachment 110584

When was this....? Didn't realise that DaimlerChrysler were still operating as a legal entity... I guess that the designs were registered to DaimlerChrysler at the time.

They were lucky it was £50k. Daimler don't like copies and will take you all the way.

I've seen this before... car manufacturers are less concerned about the compensation they are being awarded, instead their primary reason for bringing lawsuits is to send a message through the industry and stop the practice. Once everyone knows that ECP were sued over this, other traders will think twice before importing cloned wheels from China.

I know cloning takes place everywhere, but it does amaze me how many copies are on the market; not just replicas of the designs but also complete with the AMG letters and logo cast in the rim.

Haha
Try that stunt on this side of the pond and watch the fur fly!
.First there is the Moss Magnussen Acts

Then there is this:-
A slick US attorneys' feeding ground in US law exploring assumed boundaries .
Always remember in US business "
MB you can be a pig in the USA but as act as a hog and you will get slaughtered .
Always make sure there is no downstream confusion, is the first tenet with say wheels, in this case MB wheels 1

And if MB hasn't learned its expensive lesson already from the costly remedies of compensation brought about by Class Action law suits ( only in the USA ) on emission cheating. There is always a bevy of hungry attorneys to go after MB and others, for any reason tying up the courts for years !

As I often describe to people who are not US centric :-
The USA is a big country incarnation of Shrek, big Ugly (to some), but mostly affable if you are friends with it, and accept its over bearing posture. Be a Lord Farquaad and well you know what happens.
Its great place to set up an enterprising businesses which few places can equal. (including making knock off wheels)
It starts with the banking business & enterprise tax breaks totally unequaled in Europe .
Tuercas Viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom