Euro Car Parts Pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyMercUK

Car
Mercedes C220 CDI AMG SPORT
Needed a camshaft sensor for my wifes mini, went online £29 from ECP clicked click and collect at my local shop - out of stock, so I rang the store instead they said they had it in £35 :eek:

Ended up paying £35 but why??? Why can't they match the price of the website and why did it say it was out of stock?

I always try and get a price from main dealers, eBay and a local motor factors too. Often my local factors offer better service and equal prices to some of the above - and it's nice to support local business, they're the handy ones open on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning when you need something :)

Recently bought all the parts for a Clio head gasket and service and they were spot on with their prices and parts, and I've found no-one better priced so far for some Febi parts recently bought either :thumb:

Next time try the website - carparts4less.com

They are a sister conpany set up my euro car parts and sometimes the parts are even cheaper.

Possibly different make of sensor? The local shop had one of a newer/older batch which cost ECP a bit more originally?

Hi guys,

The branches have very limited discounting ability, and believe it (or not) the promotion prices are some of our best pricing possible - because of this the stores cant actually discount this far. - This is why we stress the fact that (a) Promo codes can only be used online. or during a sale like this weekend prices are ''Online or Click & Collect only''

If anything like that does happen, feel free to let me know the order number before buying it, and i can log into the branches system and override the price for you!

Pat

Hi guys,

The branches have very limited discounting ability, and believe it (or not) the promotion prices are some of our best pricing possible - because of this the stores cant actually discount this far. - This is why we stress the fact that (a) Promo codes can only be used online. or during a sale like this weekend prices are ''Online or Click & Collect only''

If anything like that does happen, feel free to let me know the order number before buying it, and i can log into the branches system and override the price for you!

Pat

Thanks Pat. I'll bear that in mind.

Pat

I had a similar experience with your Strood Branch. They politely but flatly refused to accept the MBClub discount in-store.

Now here is the bizarre bit. I could (and maybe should have) stood in the store and ordered on-line using my iphone.

I did explain to the chap behind the counter that it seemed that ECP maybe missing something by offering free delivery and a discount by ordering on-line but no such offers at the counter.

I bought the bits anyway as it was low cost and not worth the hassle.

My point in this post is just to make you aware of a possible gap in sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom