Euro Road trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SukySangha

Car
E63 S AMG
Some photos which i wanted to post here from my Euro road trip which i must say was totally awesome. However after many attempts it seems there is an error for uploading photos from my laptop! Will try again.
I must say that it was a joy to be driving the CLS 55 AMG through many European countries eating up what ever road it was on. Autobahns were a laugh with good top speed. The B500 route in Germany is got to be one of my favourite roads ive ever driven on and driving through the black forest was epic. Stopping of at Triberg for black forest cake and cuckoo clock shopping lol. Then of to Switzerland staying at Brienze Lake as a base for a few days so we could hit some awesome mountain passes such as the Furkha, Grimsel, Gothard, San Barardino and many more. The views were spectacular and driving the passes with the AMG was truly enjoyable. The car was very impressive with no issues aoart from the thirst of 100 + Octane lol. Then after a few days in Switzerland it was time to go to Italy and hit the Stelvio Pass along with other mountain passes and Lake Como to chill in the evenings. I totally enjoyed this trip and will be doing it again next year, i strongly recommend a road trip of this nature if any of you guys havn't done it yet. I will try to upload pictures for you guys. :)

Last edited:
road trips abroad are always good fun

you will have to host it somewhere like photobucket for it to show on here

I did a couple of road trips last summer in my CLK 350 - the routes were almost identical to yours. Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italian lakes. It was truly memorable and I enjoyed every moment of the drive. 

I agree with you - it is truly beautiful to drive through.

I did it with a mate who has a Carrera 4S and we swapped cars each day so i got to drive my Merc and his Porsche.  

Fun times. 

Post some pics asap!!

Doing a Spanish trip this Summer, ferry overnight to Santander and then driving from the Atlantic coast to the Med.

Spanish motorways in the North are epic, smooth roads and hills with plenty of fast bends surrounded by vineyards.

done prauge, brno vienna, budapest, split ferry from there to aconna then onto rome, verona, sirmione, vaudz, lindau island, rhine falls, luxembourg, ghent, brugge then back home 4k miles in 3 weeks in a w205 c220 very enjoyable

There's nothing better than a Euro road trip.

France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy, Netherlands we've driven through/stayed in, in the last two years.

We're off to Berlin and onto Poland this summer.

Switzerland was the most beautiful to drive in.
Germany the best (autobahn and road discipline)
Italy the craziest!

This thread has got me looking forward to our next trip!

I'm planning on taking the SL across from either Newcastle or Hull, over through Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg through to Germany for a blat! And through the black forest, then up and over the top through Switzerland, Austria to Lake garda or lucerne, then down to genoa, then all along g the coast to Barcelona, then across to santander, bilbao then ferry back up to Portsmouth then drive up home :D easy

Driving in Germany and Switzerland is always great. I'm going in a few weeks for Easter, have hotel booked in favourite area near Interlaken.

From less known passes I can recommend Maloja Pass in Switzerland and Splugen on a Italian/Swiss border. I discovered Maloja by accident while driving to Splugen. And I read about Splugen while already on a trip and decided to go there. I visited Switzerland so many times already, that I have to look for new places to see.

I did a couple of road trips last summer in my CLK 350 - the routes were almost identical to yours. Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italian lakes. It was truly memorable and I enjoyed every moment of the drive. 

I agree with you - it is truly beautiful to drive through.

I did it with a mate who has a Carrera 4S and we swapped cars each day so i got to drive my Merc and his Porsche.  

Fun times. 

Post some pics asap!!
I missed out going to Austria and driving the high Alpine roads but will have this added to my next years road trip.

Doing a Spanish trip this Summer, ferry overnight to Santander and then driving from the Atlantic coast to the Med.

Spanish motorways in the North are epic, smooth roads and hills with plenty of fast bends surrounded by vineyards.
that sounds lovely. Do please keep us posted of the trip.

Driving in Germany and Switzerland is always great. I'm going in a few weeks for Easter, have hotel booked in favourite area near Interlaken.

From less known passes I can recommend Maloja Pass in Switzerland and Splugen on a Italian/Swiss border. I discovered Maloja by accident while driving to Splugen. And I read about Splugen while already on a trip and decided to go there. I visited Switzerland so many times already, that I have to look for new places to see.
oh im so jealous now! i would love to do Interlaken again as its absolutley beautiful. I will go on you tube to see if these passes are on it. They sound awesome. In general switzerland is an amazing place.

There's nothing better than a Euro road trip.

France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy, Netherlands we've driven through/stayed in, in the last two years.

We're off to Berlin and onto Poland this summer.

Switzerland was the most beautiful to drive in.
Germany the best (autobahn and road discipline)
Italy the craziest!

This thread has got me looking forward to our next trip!
Yes definitiley a thing to be hooked these road trips. I planned to do mine for many years but never got the chance as other things in life kept propping up! But last year i started planning early and stuck to it and it was the best decision made all year. Totally enjoyed every day of the trip and stuck to a strict route and regime. Im already planning next years trip.

wow
I'm planning on taking the SL across from either Newcastle or Hull, over through Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg through to Germany for a blat! And through the black forest, then up and over the top through Switzerland, Austria to Lake garda or lucerne, then down to genoa, then all along g the coast to Barcelona, then across to santander, bilbao then ferry back up to Portsmouth then drive up home :D easy
wow that sounds bloody awesome! The black forest is an excellent place to discover many roads to enjoy. The B500 was my favourite with lovely towns and villages to stop of and enjoy the scenery. Watch out for the speed cameras there which come in all shapes and sizes including under cover AMG police cars and motor bikes.

done prauge, brno vienna, budapest, split ferry from there to aconna then onto rome, verona, sirmione, vaudz, lindau island, rhine falls, luxembourg, ghent, brugge then back home 4k miles in 3 weeks in a w205 c220 very enjoyable
Sirmione is a lovely place at Lake Garda. Beautiful and also the route for the Millie Miglia.

y4mo711xVyKiSilhUFKqtbyuusaZwTp9vlR3Pa4Tn5GSNUT_ImtjKKAyObo2v_8yytKUEu0qAz2RkqVBknml9qKddEJ3TdGqb5FYK9w4O5o__Jo9NwExEto9XRM8Kbs_L3ASSD5zvuh2q9LWITv533KQIvNtKDLLhR8EoKPZF3WRs6OrBfih4P9F_pgtXGDc_W88TRYH01p4VvQ_JU77IE90A

Top of the Grossglockner last June.

Did a trip a few years ago in our SLK with two other couples in their SLKs. Starting from England (one couple started out from Dublin and drove down with us to Dover), Dunkirk, through Belgium to Koblenz. Then down to Stuttgart (MB museum :) ) and then a couple of days near die Bodensee. Then through Austria to the Dolomites and Lake Garda. Came back via the Alsace (Schlumf collection :) ), then back to England via Dunkirk. Loved it.

Also took the SLK to Le Mans a couple of times. Enjoyed that a lot too!

y4mkMtNTNkubIq__5egKaH3WaxzHEHcemz1dc_4ApOUpyfWbu6jHpYwgQrClG9aEPjfPSkETfwtrfutD8UjDWcKhnpD4F32suKSQ2T7WuOYe7ClbOTOnRroaN4CuRz9nBgXt_S1l2pKUmvEfT_FxImkgvWCudQyI22-p3K2_ssihxGqUqmW00pHh6Dw3e08At8o2dXZSv92bJp9O84vJQEmNw

In the car park at the hotel we stayed at in Lindau on the German / Swiss border.

OK - enough of my photos. Couldn't resist posting a couple!

Sirmione is a lovely place at Lake Garda. Beautiful and also the route for the Millie Miglia.

yes bit of a tourist trap and everyones walking round with ice creams in there hand so dont want to bump into any one but stunning views lindau island was a favourite too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom