EuroCarParts Forum Discount. How does that work, then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From memory, the A1 was the shop selling gold-plated steering wheels for prestige marques and such like?

I recall they used to have a cabinet devoted to gold-plated Tri-stars and Lexus badges. :)

Yes, that's the sort of thing I had in mind :)

I don't remember their stock well, but I do remember that I was not able to afford any of it :D

This dates back to the mid-eighties I think.

LOL

I actually had 2 days holiday this week as I got hitched on the weekend :) \o\

However I think its all been explained

9 times out of 10 our web price with forum discount (30%) will be the cheapest compared to our own ebay, competitors ebay and competitors websites

There is a few odd parts, where the prices might be similar or higher, however if this is only 10% of the time it will rarely affect you guys, and if it does we will always try to help.

However people forget that because of the 30% discount it makes 90% of the prices the cheapest in Europe. :)

Pat

It's a bind having to use the MBclub discount on line only, though.

Recently I wanted a track rod end on the spot, so had to pay full price, which was quite a bit more than ECP for the same Lemforder part, but luckily the side I wanted was in stock.

If the parts are coming out of local stock anyway, would it not be possible to use the discount as no stock has to be ordered in, so transport costs are already accounted for?

BTW. The counter service at this particular branch was and is always woeful. The Guys in front of me had already been waiting 20 minutes for their bits.

Recently I wanted a track rod end on the spot, so had to pay full price, which was quite a bit more than ECP for the same Lemforder part, but luckily the side I wanted was in stock.

Why is there a reason for having multiple prices?

Other large retailers with websites and retail branches just stick to the 1 price, for example if you want something from Argos or Screwfix you can check the price online and then either order it for home delivery or go and collect it at a branch, easy as that.

ECP continue to try and trick everybody with the 'club discount' trick.

There is absolutely no denying it Patrick 'the swindle' is no longer working.......that you sell to club members 'cheaper than anywhere else' is the biggest load of ****** since the Sex Pistols.

There is not one part that you sell via the discount code that is not available cheaper from your other online shops.

Do you not see the common pointer here?? Nobody really cares that you sell parts, everybody acccepts it, business has competition naturally.

However, what you are doing is taking 80% of this club to be idiots, something which I believe 100% of the members will not like.

When you tell somebody a part is normally £100 but with club discount its £70 but fail to mention your other sites are selling it to every man and his dog who is not a member of anything for £50 then I see that as being at the very least a moral deception.

When you are seen to have worked a con on many customers you will fast lose them.

Nobody but nobody likes to find out later you have lifted their leg.

So very double glazing.

Come clean, don't take all club members for tossers.

nick mercedes said:
Why is there a reason for having multiple prices?

Other large retailers with websites and retail branches just stick to the 1 price, for example if you want something from Argos or Screwfix you can check the price online and then either order it for home delivery or go and collect it at a branch, easy as that.

Not uncommon.

Viking Direct ( the Office Depot people) for example have different prices showing in their printed mail order catalogue and on their website.

Not uncommon.

Viking Direct ( the Office Depot people) for example have different prices showing in their printed mail order catalogue and on their website.

They have a similar strategy, the only time it's worth buying anything off them is out of the special offers leaflet they send out, otherwise it's all a bit pricey.

But they don't have any shops, so not much of a comparison.

There is not one part that you sell via the discount code that is not available cheaper from your other online shops.

Sorry Franey, i believe you are mistaken

Check any Battery price
Check Any Lubricant Price
Check most Brake Pad Price
Check most Brake Disc Price

I think you'l find as a good rule of thumb, once you use the MBCLUB30 code, 90% of our total inventory (115,000 parts) the price is cheaper on our store than our eBay store, or competitors for the same product - Yes there are 10% where the price might differ, slightly. either way its 30% cheaper than the people who buy online without a discount (believe it or not we still get over 50% of our sales without any discount - these customers are happy paying the advertised price!)

As for why the code cant be used instore.... - Many reasons, but the most obvious one is no trace ability (the stores are unable to discount such large amounts to the public - by using a discount code online - they do not need to be given access to discount, as the website does it!)

If a forum member is stuck, needing a part and is instore, drop me a PM or call me and i can help (i would normally do a Click and Collect order using the code for you)
Alternative our new iPhone App will make this easier :)

ECP continue to try and trick everybody with the 'club discount' trick.
I feel that its not our ''trickery'' that is helping us to grow our customers, its so called competitors constantly making fools of themselves trying to 'expose' something which 99% of members may already know and dont care about.

Members can buy from ECP with or without the code - Or members can buy from eBay or their local accessory shop, I dont mind, we may or may not be the cheapest, but i will continue to support the forum, and its members the best i can! - the members can then choose the cheapest or the seller that suits them best!

End of?
(i doubt it....)

I feel that its not our ''trickery'' that is helping us to grow our customers, its so called competitors constantly making fools of themselves trying to 'expose' something which 99% of members may already know and dont care about.

Quick question, you sell parts under the brand name "EIS Germany", can you confirm that EIS is indeed a genuine German company with factories in Germany and that anyone buying EIS parts would be quite correct in assuming that they are buying German made parts (as the name clearly implies)?

If I ran ECP I'd tell this forum to go **** themselves & cancel any club discounts. Who needs this amount of **** in their life dished out by the same people with the same whinge all the time?

If I ran ECP I'd tell this forum to go **** themselves & cancel any club discounts. Who needs this amount of **** in their life dished out by the same people with the same whinge all the time?

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't whinged about ECP before. :confused:

If you are championing the cause of ECP, perhaps you can offer a better explanation than Pat as to why my bulbs are listed on the website at £17.99 with free delivery, but cost £21.32 when I collect them?

Perhaps I'm missing something..

£3.33?

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time....... Abraham Lincoln ...

:doh:

I think as soon as we see the word 'DISCOUNT', wherever it may be, we are psychologically conditioned into assuming that we are at least going to get a competitive, if not the best price, and the bigger the discount the easier it is to persuade people into thinking that.

Shop around ....... check the bottom line.

Having said that, there are always going to be those who think that because they are paying top dollar, that they are going to get the very best. Better than from the guy down the road who is selling the exact same item at half the price, but who isn't quite as greedy. By the same token, there are going to be instances when we have limited or no choice and have no other option but to pay over the odds.
Lets face it every company would be much happier screwing every last penny out of us, but have to stay competitive to stay in business.

One thing I think needs clarifying from a newbies point of view is what actual discount are members here entitled to at ECP?
Is it 25% or is it 30% or ?% and does the % differ depending on the items? What is the minimum spend amount required to qualify for either discount?
It's all very vague and confusing and try as I may I can't find the relevant information.

Last edited:
I must admit, the threads on this subject over the last so many months have really opened my eye's a lot. What I thought and was maybe suckered into thinking, was a fantastic members discount system, seems to simply be nothing of the kind.

If I'm honest I am quite sad and disheartened at the lengths ECP has gone to to rope in as many forums possible into their deceit, not just MB forums by the way, this is a web wide campaign. So called forum only discounts. They are giving members a special discount only available here. Oh wait a min, it seems that;s not the case. It's on offer to all and sundry and quite often the same parts can be had cheaper from them when buying from another source of theirs!

So not quite the generous forum members only discounts that we thought then.

It's simply a marketing exercise and has worked very well for them indeed. Well done ECP. Seriously, well done. It really did work, for a while.

But we now know the truth. It was all basically an advertising campaign. The fact that you have managed to infiltrate so many forums on the tinterwebnet with your offers of 'forum only discounts' has been outed as simply a very clever advertising campaign.

Nothing personal at all towards anyone at ECP. Far from it as I have had good service from them in the past. As well as bad, I have to say. Wrong parts sent, open plastic packaging inside the box with missing bolts, cheaper parts sent when I ordered the top quality parts etc etc But I digress, the game is up. :)

Quick question, you sell parts under the brand name "EIS Germany", can you confirm that EIS is indeed a genuine German company with factories in Germany and that anyone buying EIS parts would be quite correct in assuming that they are buying German made parts (as the name clearly implies)?

It appears that E.I.S. is indeed a German company.

Not sure how many members want aircraft seats, but... :dk:

E.I.S. Aircraft GmbH - Germany

There is also eis.de but I'm not convinced their products are what we want, either. :D

So not quite the generous forum members only discounts that we thought then.

It's simply a marketing exercise and has worked very well for them indeed.

Aren't all such discounts part of a marketing campaign - ie: aimed at increasing sales? That's what businesses do! In fact, it's what they need to do in order to survive. Likewise, when a company has a sale, it's not doing it out of some altruistic endeavour to be kind to its customers - it's looking for increased short-term turnover, or is perhaps just trying to clear stock.

As for forum-only discounts, ask yourself what possible financial justification there could be for offering such a discount to all and sundry? It can only be aimed at increasing sales. It's not as though the "members" (no subscriptions, remember) have negoitiated some kind of bulk purchase based on an agreed number of sales, as car clubs often do. In pubicising the discount codes, ECP have no idea what the take-up will be, so they're not going to be selling stuff at below cost price, are they?

As the ECP forum member has said, for anyone that was going to use the ECP website anyway, entering the MBCLUB30 code where available will give you a genuine 30% discount on the price you would have paid. As an offer, that seems very straightforward to me. They can't possibly be expected to guarantee that the goods cannot be bought more cheaply elsewhere - that's for the buyer to work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom