EuroCarParts Searching Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Any idea how to search for something on eurocarparts' site without using a car?

E.G. I need some coolant (ethylene glycol) for a car, but according to ECP using the registration number they don't have any for this car.

That said, I know they do coolant, and it's not that complex that it needs to be specific to my model...

Any ideas as to how to just find coolant without it trying to match it to my car?

M

You can't, I've tried in the past for several items of a similar nature. It seems a crazy system and it's as though they want to control which brands they sell you. Mobil 1 oil being one of them which doesn't even appear in vehicle specific searches. I had to use the online chat to find the item number for both 5 & 1 litre containers for it. :wallbash:

Anyway, the numbers for their anti-freeze are 523770471 for the Blue & 523770481 for the Red. Just enter the numbers in the search box at the top. I saved the numbers from when I was looking. Hope this helps.

You can't, I've tried in the past for several items of a similar nature. It seems a crazy system and it's as though they want to control which brands they sell you. Mobil 1 oil being one of them which doesn't even appear in vehicle specific searches. I had to use the online chat to find the item number for both 5 & 1 litre containers for it. :wallbash:

Anyway, the numbers for their anti-freeze are 523770471 for the Blue & 523770481 for the Red. Just enter the numbers in the search box at the top. I saved the numbers from when I was looking. Hope this helps.

Thank you! Actually, Mobil1 was something I was looking for the other day, and almost drove the 40 minutes to costco to buy it there as I thought eurocarparts didn't sell it! I ended up finding it in a google search... Quite ironic that they nearly lost a sale due to their site...

This only occurs when you go in through the CAR PARTS tab. If you use ACCESSORIES or WINTER you'll find it.

Amazing, good to know, thanks!

---

One last query... anyone ever heard of triple QX? Never heard of them, and it's the only antifreeze ECP do... is it any good? I presume it's ECP's rebrand of something else?

Last edited:
It's their own brand, but as long as the specs meet the required manufacturers standards it should be ok.

The MBClub30 discount code is working at the moment, just tried it.

Last edited:
Yups - just ordered one of each blue and pink... The car in question originally came with blue, but I have a feeling that at some point someone put pink (OAT) in there...

So when I drain it I'll find out! (can't check without draining as there is a very long pipe neck to the coolant tank...can't see in, and don't have anything long/flexible enough to dip in... at £12 for 10l of coolant, I don't mind... I can always use the other bottle somewhere else)

That's ready mixed? blue? so watered down....whats the total coolant capacity on your vehicle?

Martin

Yes, ready mixed... finding distilled water is a hassle I don't want (aluminium block).

Officially the total capacity is 7L - so I'll need to go back for another bottle... my idea is I can return the wrong one and get a right one ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom