Eurocarparts sold me a dodgy part

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay1983

Car
mercedes ml270 cdi
As title says I purchased a "new" window regulator for my ml from them yesterday. Today I decided to fit it but found to my horror and disgust the part was in a shocking state. Full of grease and even has the ends of rivets still in it.
This part has obviously been fitted to a car in the past as the rivets have been drilled out, leaving a big hole I would have no chance of riveting again.
It appears to me that someone has returned the item in the past and the store has not properly checked the item and put it back on their shelve.
The regulator is an original mb part, so does not even match the brand on the box.
To say I'm not happy is an understatement!

What I would like to know though is how am I going to get a refund on this item? Will they say I'm to blame?
I have never had a problem with ecp before and it was my first time buying from this particular branch.
Please advise guys

As title says I purchased a "new" window regulator for my ml from them yesterday. Today I decided to fit it but found to my horror and disgust the part was in a shocking state. Full of grease and even has the ends of rivets still in it.
This part has obviously been fitted to a car in the past as the rivets have been drilled out, leaving a big hole I would have no chance of riveting again.
It appears to me that someone has returned the item in the past and the store has not properly checked the item and put it back on their shelve.
The regulator is an original mb part, so does not even match the brand on the box.
To say I'm not happy is an understatement!

What I would like to know though is how am I going to get a refund on this item? Will they say I'm to blame?
I have never had a problem with ecp before and it was my first time buying from this particular branch.
Please advise guys

Get a grip. They will do the right thing. Anyone can make a mistake...it's how they deal with it that is important. You are too self important and have given them no chance to do anything. Feel ashamed.

Hi Jay,

Over the past 18months we have improved our 'returns check' by over 700% - before it was far too common for this to happen. Although we have put in extra QC checks when items are returned from customers or branches, there's still the possibility for human error and it would appear that this one has slipped through the net! I'm extremely sorry about that

The Famous Lance Cpl Jones has something to say....

lance_corporal_jones.gif

All you have to do is email our customer service dept (or if you want to send me your order number) then we can help to resolve this for you!

If you get your order number over to me before the morning we should be able to have a new one, on your door step for Wednesday!

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience, however i hope we can sort this quickly and painlessly :)

Pat

Get a grip. They will do the right thing. Anyone can make a mistake...it's how they deal with it that is important. You are too self important and have given them no chance to do anything. Feel ashamed.

Whilst I apprecate the seller may deal with this in what ever manner he see;s fit, the Op in my eyes has his opinion, he has expended monies here, so to my mind he can voice that, not happy, he has nothing to be ashamed about at all.
I am sure it will all get resolved satisfactory, given the sales that must be generated on this forum from the seller.

Please advise guys

Return it!

Why on earth would you post here before even trying to get a refund? Sheesh! :dk:

I bought a bike chain on Saturday that turned out to be 4 links longer than the broken one it was bought to replace. Anybody got any ideas what I should do?

Last edited:
Please advise guys

Return it!

Why on earth would you post here before even trying to get a refund?

Sheesh! :dk:

I bought a bike chain on Saturday that turned out to be 4 links longer than the broken one it was bought to replace.

Anybody got an ideas what I should do?

Whilst I apprecate the seller may deal with this in what ever manner he see;s fit, the Op in my eyes has his opinion, he has expended monies here, so to my mind he can voice that, not happy, he has nothing to be ashamed about at all.
I am sure it will all get resolved satisfactory, given the sales that must be generated on this forum from the seller.

If the OP has never made a mistake, then maybe he can take that kind of narrow attitude. But if he has made a mistake I hope the other party treats him better than he is treating ECP. Sounds like civil servant to me.

At what point in my post have I slagged off ecp? I just asked for advice in a matter I have never dealt with before so I'm unaware of the procedure.
Being a Sunday I had no chance to take it back.
I'm sorry for thinking this was a forum for asking advice on.
If my concerns and experiences are against forum/members principles then I apologise. I thought we lived in a democratic country with freedom of speech.
I'm far from perfect and I have made mistakes.

Return it!

Why on earth would you post here before even trying to get a refund? Sheesh! :dk:

I bought a bike chain on Saturday that turned out to be 4 links longer than the broken one it was bought to replace. Anybody got any ideas what I should do?

The OP's point is whether ECP will say that he's used the part and tried returning it.

Cut the bloke some slack or is this forum now an ECP criticism-free zone? :wallbash:

At what point in my post have I slagged off ecp? I just asked for advice in a matter I have never dealt with before so I'm unaware of the procedure.
Being a Sunday I had no chance to take it back.
I'm sorry for thinking this was a forum for asking advice on.
If my concerns and experiences are against forum/members principles then I apologise. I thought we lived in a democratic country with freedom of speech.
I'm far from perfect and I have made mistakes.

Don't worry about it, if this thread gets a bit too critical of ECP, they'll delete it.

At what point in my post have I slagged off ecp? .

By posting before thinking. What would you do if this happened in any type of shop...you'd take it back. We can't advise how any shop would react...but if badly, then you are well within your rights to complain on here and receive are sympathies.

ECP have apologised ( as anyone would have expected them to). You will get this satisfactorily resolved...and this probably would have happened whether you had ranted on here or not.

Last edited:
I bought a bike chain on Saturday that turned out to be 4 links longer than the broken one it was bought to replace.

Yes, do what Mrs TDE1 does when she buys a frock four sizes too big. Dont take it back, just increase cog size.

renault12ts said:
By posting before thinking.

In fact I did think, knowing there was an ecp representative I knew he would be along to help me with the proper returns procedure, which he has and I thank him for his prompt and professional response.
I have used ecp for years and will still continue to, this was just an isolated incident.
Maybe you should think and understand other peoples concerns.
I joined this forum thinking its members we're here to help each other and apart from a few sarcastic comments I have found this to be the case.

If the OP has never made a mistake, then maybe he can take that kind of narrow attitude. But if he has made a mistake I hope the other party treats him better than he is treating ECP. Sounds like civil servant to me.

your opinion, to which you are entittled too.

Return it!

Why on earth would you post here before even trying to get a refund?

Sheesh! :dk:

Neil,

Bike chains normally only come in a few sizes, the idea is you shorten them to suit your particular setup :) hehe

Either way the OP has PM'ed me his invoice details so I can help with in the morning :) I didn't think his post was wrong, or critical so we can all move on now :)

Pat

EuroCarParts said:
Either way the OP has PM'ed me his invoice details so I can help with in the morning :) I didn't think his post was wrong, or critical so we can all move on now :)

Pat

Pat has dealt with my concern with professionalism and courtesy. If these issues are not highlighted then it gives ecp no chance to improve their levels of service and quality control ( which are high to begin with) it also helps other forum members in future, with regards to ecp returns procedure.

Result both ways. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom