Eurocarparts sold me parts as described and ordered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robert.saunders

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E300TD
As title says I purchased a selection of "new" service components for my W201 from them recently. This weekend I decided to fit them but found to my horror and disgust the oil container was in a shocking state. Full of oil and even had the end cap still on it.

This part has obviously never been used on a car service in the past as the end cap has never been drilled out, certainly leaving no big hole and I would have the chance of unscrewing it time and time again.

It appears to me that no-one has returned the item in the past and the store has not needed to properly check the item and put it back on their shelve(s).

The spark plug ordered is an original NGK part, and even matches the brand on the box.

To say I'm happy is an understatement!

What I would like to know though is how am I going to get a refund on this item? Will they say I'm not entitled?

I have never had a problem with ecp before and it was my first time buying via the internet.

Please advise guys

:bannana:

Rob :)ban:)

As title says I purchased a selection of "new" service components for my W201 from them recently. This weekend I decided to fit them but found to my horror and disgust the oil container was in a shocking state. Full of oil and even had the end cap still on it.

This part has obviously never been used on a car service in the past as the end cap has never been drilled out, certainly leaving no big hole and I would have the chance of unscrewing it time and time again.

It appears to me that no-one has returned the item in the past and the store has not needed to properly check the item and put it back on their shelve(s).

The spark plug ordered is an original NGK part, and even matches the brand on the box.

To say I'm happy is an understatement!

What I would like to know though is how am I going to get a refund on this item? Will they say I'm not entitled?

I have never had a problem with ecp before and it was my first time buying via the internet.

Please advise guys

:bannana:

Shocking! I would write to your MP c.o. the Members Smoking Room Bar House of Commons.;)

Please advise guys

You should go to the Europarts customer service office, wind your window down [ IF THE RUDDY REGULATOR WORKS ] and complain :rolleyes:

Disgraceful behaviour, the selling of new parts? From a business? This must be some new marketing ploy which has been set in place to bring you back into the shop so you cannot be given a refund due to correctly supplied parts. This is that new 'customer service' thing that everyone has been harping on about.

Were they delivered promptly? In which case you should question their motives. Why did they send you the parts so quickly? Was it so that they could gain further business from you? This must not lie unanswered. It's all a conspiracy I tell you. :devil:

No...the Op is justified in his complaint...life should not run so smoothly. Feelings of well being and love to fellow men...are mere delusions, and should not be encouraged.

Last edited:
LOL

Only on this forum could you find such a sense of humour!

Rob! You've just cheered me up :)

This is worrying, we dont want any kind of happiness, feelings of content, pleasure or appreciation being mentioned. It means that you are doing you're job properly and feeling good about it. We clearly can't have any of that. ;)

This is worrying, we dont want any kind of happiness, feelings of content, pleasure or appreciation being mentioned. It means that you are doing you're job properly and feeling good about it. We clearly can't have any of that. ;)

Not unless we can find a way of raising a tax against it!;)

What !!! You mean you were given the right parts at a good price with a forum discount and in stock ????? I thought I was the only one that had good service from ECP !!! Its proposterous !!!!!!! How dare they !!!

This part has obviously never been used on a car service in the past as the end cap has never been drilled out

This in itself is a cause for concern. The part they've sent you has never been used before, so how can they possibly know whether it's fit for purpose. Sounds like they're trying to use you as some kind of guinea pig.

I wouldn't stand for it if I were you. Send it back to them and demand that they use it substantially before returning it to you.

You wouldn't accept a new car from MB unless they'd proven it was OK by putting at least 100,000 miles on it. The process of buying parts from ECP should be no less rigorous.

I once bought a box of matches. The vendor said they were made to the highest standard and each one was individually tested. When I opened the box, they were all burnt.

You wouldn't accept a new car from MB unless they'd proven it was OK by putting at least 100,000 miles on it. The process of buying parts from ECP should be no less rigorous.

Maybe Rob leased the parts so doesn't have any worries about reliability, rust and depreciation.

Maybe that's what the previous window winder man had got...a pre-leased winder mechanism...

I once bought a box of matches. The vendor said they were made to the highest standard and each one was individually tested. When I opened the box, they were all burnt.

Don't buy any condoms from that man :D

You shouldn't use this people again . Goog God man, they'll make forums obsolete!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom