Eurocharged handheld programmer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ricky16

Car
Mercedes c63 amg 2010
Hi all been looking for more info on the eurocharged handheld programmer and performance software this appeals to me as the wife would ask some awkward questions if I take my car garage to have a remap.
What are the benefits / pros cons of doing it this way over going to Msl/eurocharged
Thanks for your time

not rolling road numbers before and after (if that interests you) but you can always do that locally at extra cost.

I've been considering it too

I had the handheld originally, and the main benefit I could see is you get the option to flash it back to stock....should you need to go to the stealer.
Think the main benefit would be if you had different maps...I.e one specific for drag strip etc running a higher octane fuel.

However, I only used it once lol.

My opinion now....with a bit more experience....
Get a rolling road session done before and after re- mapping on the same roller, strapped down in the same way and on the same day......then you will see actual gains that the map has given you.
Don't let anyone adjust the straps after re-mapping as depending on the Dyno you can easily get another 20 bhp by letting the car "lift"

As Lee says RR results are best on the same day. Many dyno operators can dyno the car and let it climb the front roller which as Lee says gains 20bhp. Naughty.

The car should be sat in the twin rollers, or as Acid has a large single roller. If the car climbs out the rear roller on the twin setups.

I have a video I could post, but not sure moderators would let me. It shows the car on the same day before and after runs and power increases on 95RON.

But for the wife option, you don't have any other choice. Or take a sneaky half a day off ;)

Change the wife?

:D

Got a warranty? Get the handheld. That £500 it'll cost you now has potential up save you more should you have any mishaps.

Eurocharged UK and rebellion can map your car on the rollers and supply the hand held.

Got a warranty? Get the handheld. That £500 it'll cost you now has potential up save you more should you have any mishaps.

Eurocharged UK and rebellion can map your car on the rollers and supply the hand held.

£500 for the handheld and remap?

Probably one for one of the eurocharged dealers but what is the current price for a handheld and remote remap ?

Don't see a lot of point in dynoing if you're buying a box tune from a reputable company like eurocharged, it's the feel that is most important, otherwise why would you tune it in the first place. If you're having it individually tweaked to your car then obviously you do need it.

Don't see a lot of point in dynoing if you're buying a box tune from a reputable company like eurocharged, it's the feel that is most important, otherwise why would you tune it in the first place. If you're having it individually tweaked to your car then obviously you do need it.

It's good to get a base figure so you know where you are starting.

However, like you say a "generic" map is going to give you good bang for buck especially if it's a well known brand.

I think it's all part of the excitement though seeing the Dyno results after the re-map and the " look what my car can do" with a nice power curve on a graph.

£500 for the handheld and remap?

No, the handheld is about £500 alone and a Eurochsrged map will run you £600-£700 extra.

Main benefits of dyno is to see if your car is healthy to begin with, there-on how much power you gained.
Big Peak figures are great but primarily you want to take notice of your HP and torque curves as they'll help identify where your car gain the biggest jump and where the optimal power band is.

they'll help identify where your car gain the biggest jump and where the optimal power band is.

If you can't 'feel' that when driving you've wasted your money.

If you can't 'feel' that when driving you've wasted your money.

I can "feel" the difference between 95RON and 99RON, in a car that is designed to use 99RON however, I couldn't say where it has lost power exactly, but a dyno can.
A dyno isn't for a willy waving, it's a tool to help you tune your car, find its weaknesses whether that be fuelling, ignition, whatever but, I appreciate that not everyone cares and butt dyno and the feeling of more POWER is more important than how/where it's achieved.

Identifying the power curve at its strongest point for example would allow the driver to know when to shift or at which point in the Rev range they must keep it to accelerate the fastest.

I personally always use a dyno, but then again, I'm really into tuning and track time.

Last edited:
Don't dispute it's right in those circumstances but we're talking one fits all tunes on automatics here.

Eurocharged USA are doing a Black Friday deal; $649 for tune and handheld.

That's too good to pass up really, even after shipping and duty.

Cozy said:
Eurocharged USA are doing a Black Friday deal; $649 for tune and handheld. That's too good to pass up really, even after shipping and duty.

We have the UK pricing going live later this evening, so you can also order for the same price from Eurocharged UK (VAT & duty will need to be applied)

Are these hand held units suitable for my Bi-Turbo Paul?

Just a thought...

SavMan@EC said:
We have the UK pricing going live later this evening, so you can also order for the same price from Eurocharged UK (VAT & duty will need to be applied)

I might be interested in this. Will the offer be on the Eurocharged UK Website?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom