Eurocharged handheld unit arrived today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavansite C63

Car
2013 cavansite blue c63 estate
This arrived today. I have just installed the map Jerry sent me. Started the car and gave it a little blip and it felt like it does when you have just unblocked your Hoover but in reverse. I did t realise the map would come back as soon as It did otherwise I wouldn't of had a large glass of wine when I got home. Am excited for the morning.

Very nice. Does the map really make such a big difference then?

Last edited:
How does it all work then? Do you need to take your car anywhere?

Mind sharing the cost too?

They get a copy of the stock map. Modify it. Load it to the handheld device and then you use it to upload to the car. The device basically swaps the modified map for the stock map so you can unload / reload it for servicing etc.

^ exactly as Ed says

I have one takes me less than 5 mins to swap maps, I keep it in the boot in case of problems when out in the car.

046C4A8B-49B0-4318-95BD-3D3649C5A80F_zpsm1dmt270.jpg

So with these handheld units, is it good for a car on PCP in the fact you can return it to factory settings before the car is handed back over at the end of the term? I take it that switching back to stock before servicing at main dealer is wise too?

How much is the handheld?

Sorry for all the questions

Y8cel said:
^ yep for exactly that reason

So how much is this handheld device, lol.

Or is the map in such a data format that say, you could pay someone else who has the handheld to load it to your car, to save buying one yourself?

No it all came direct from Eurocharged Houston ( only took 3 days to get here) the unit is vin locked and will only work on my car, I'm an existing Eurocharged Houston customer so I had a very very good deal hence why I'm not saying, even got a free T-Shirt :)

I don't know if the C63 is same as my new S3 but the dealers can tell if the Ecu has been tampered with. Word of warning for those who are on lease or pcp.

Love the hand held device. Wonder if they will do another base map. Not that much wrong with the current version. Be nice to have a vallet mode on the beast.

That's because the ecu isn't available through the obd socket on new Audis the ecu has to be physically opened. Not the case on a C63

I bet it still leaves a trace or log, Mercedes software engineers can't be that stupid, surely!

In my experience, most Merc dealers I've come across are map friendly so long as you tell them.

That's because the ecu isn't available through the obd socket on new Audis the ecu has to be physically opened. Not the case on a C63

Supposedly it can be detected. There is a flash counter.....so the more times you flash it back and forwards then the counts increase.

Some tuners say that they cant be detected. But i am pretty sure they could easily find out should it be for a engine repair etc....

Saying that the engine is deliberately restricted via software by MB to allow them to then release a "tuned" package later on so i cant see there being any issues.

Put it this way mine runs on stock internals (apart from weistec Studs instead of head bolts) at 700+BHP and no issues in 10K miles so these engines are pretty strong.

A remap is the next upgrade for me, whats the main difference between using the hand held device and going to MSL for a remap? I know they can give you a before and after power figure at MSL and that you can remove and add the map using the hand held as you wish but in terms of performance and cost are there any differences?

I have a standard car and it has made a massive difference. Sounds better too. Bargain!

Only regret is that I should have done it 9 months ago when I bought it.

I have a standard car and it has made a massive difference. Sounds better too. Bargain!

Only regret is that I should have done it 9 months ago when I bought it.

Did you have to 'go' anywhere for this?

Or was it all from the comfort of your driveway?

A remap is the next upgrade for me, whats the main difference between using the hand held device and going to MSL for a remap? I know they can give you a before and after power figure at MSL and that you can remove and add the map using the hand held as you wish but in terms of performance and cost are there any differences?

No difference as such.
MSL will offer a choice of Maps at different prices and you get the rolling road before and after so you can see the gains.

On a plus you would get the MSL experience and more excitement going to MSL.
I originally used a handheld on mine (same as the OP) and was sh***ng it thinking what if this all goes wrong ha ha......which it doesn't.

Did you have to 'go' anywhere for this?

Or was it all from the comfort of your driveway?

All from the comfort of my home.

It was very simple and it went like this.

Tuesday I emailed Eurocharged and told them what I was after. They gave me a price' i said great and they sent me an invoice which I paid straight away.

Wednesday the hand held unit arrived on my doorstep and I got an email from Eurocharged with some basic. Instructions. I followed them and then emailed my cars original map back to them.

1 hour or so later a new map came back directly from Jerry. I loaded it to the handheld via my laptop and then Loaded it directly to my car.

You just follow the instructions on the computer software on your laptop and on the handheld. It is simple.

There is no way you could be unsure that you had not loaded the map to your car correctly because your old car is no longer the same car. I realised that as soon as I revved it on the driveway. It sounds so different and free flowing.

The car always felt like it was being held back But now that feeling has gone.

I am like a dog with 2 dicks, very happy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom