Eurocharged handheld unit arrived today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine works perfectly already removed and reapplied half a dozen times takes 4m10seconds

@stevebgt1: I think gimmick is a little harsh, lol - Eurocharged have an excellent reputation and this is clearly rare/uncommon. :D

@tonyg1987: Good luck with fixing it!

Lighten up ! Just trying to ease the pain for him until tomorrow . I am sure he'll get it sorted !

here is hoping guys. no easy fix tonight and wallace performance coming to the rescue tomorrow to uplift the car. thanks to Matty for calling me tonight and giving me some reassurance. I cannot fault the service I have received from Paul over the phone tonight. he's been in dialogue with contacts in italy and jerry too. they said theyve only seen this error once before. here's hoping all goes well tomorrow and car is back up and running first and foremost.

what are the chances, just my luck.

Fingers crossed for you, my handheld arrived today yet to do the install, be interested to know the cause..

yes i have asked paul what the root cause is, will find out tomorrow i suppose once the car is up and running theyll flash it using the handheld. if that doesnt work, paul will take the handheld away and investigate. it seems like some of the guys here have had no issues.

worried sick not going to be able to sleep tonight

So in layman terms what benefit is there to me buying these handheld things? (I have EC map already)

In laymans terms .... None

+1 None whatsoever.

Its useful for those who uses MB dealers for servicing and also those who still has warranty. (although it can be argued 3 million ways)

MSL will happily reinstall if map is reset...

If you already have EC map then probably none. However, for someone wanting to flash a standard car it would be good. I received mine from EC at an excellent price and due to work commitments it has allowed me to do it from the comfort of my own home. It's easy for some to 'nip' to MSL or the likes but for others its not that simple.

Everyone is different I guess.

Sorry to hear of some of the problems above but excited that mine has now arrived :)
AF1QipPbj4L1KZfWizEnUZcbmyL7lh6aMoPFPIFBXGt5

Uv5zzJ5gKDdtKrAEA

How you getting on Tony ??

Hey Steve, wallace performance, matty and his team came out with their tow truck this morning, car was in park and we couldnt get it to neutral to go up the ramps. luckily we gave the handheld another bash and it managed to work and return it to base map. drove the car and dropped it off to wallace. they managed to flash the car with the handheld and am just picking it up now. looking forward to driving it and share my thoughts.

on the downside my wheel vibrations are due to front tyres being knackered. the inner sidewall is gone. mb serviced the car a month ago and reported all tyres being good and fronts had 4mm whilst rears all 6's.

cannot fault Paul's service and support so far throughout the whole process.

+1 None whatsoever.

Its useful for those who uses MB dealers for servicing and also those who still has warranty. (although it can be argued 3 million ways)

MSL will happily reinstall if map is reset...

Yep, mine already had EC map on it when I bought it but didnt' come with a handheld. I bought the handheld so that I can revert back to stock map whenever I had to take it in to the dealership.

Sorry to hear of some of the problems above but excited that mine has now arrived :)

This is what it looks like.....

afflier-albums-c63-amg-picture9798-img-7940.jpg

let the fun begin....

afflier-albums-c63-amg-picture9799-img-7951.jpg

hope all goes well afflier, had the car out today and the transformation is surreal. blip literally turns heads, acceleration is swifter, i seem to notice a better mpg average as well across all modes. this is how the car should be!

no going back. roll on 3 weeks to go on a dyno

Had mine a few days now, loving the difference it makes, the car just fly's now , seems more responsive, as there always seemed a little bit of a lag before, the sound from the downshift makes me wee myself a little, I'd recommend this to anyone, not the wee , but the remap !!!

hope all goes well afflier, had the car out today and the transformation is surreal. blip literally turns heads, acceleration is swifter, i seem to notice a better mpg average as well across all modes. this is how the car should be!

no going back. roll on 3 weeks to go on a dyno

Glad your sorted and happy with the end result.
Did you find out why it went into anti thief mod?
Must do the remap next week now i have my handheld..

very happy with the results sumo and am sure you will be too. apparently it could be down to numerous reasons, voltage drop, turning the key to the wrong position during cycle, or just the ecu clamming up. when we tried again the next day it worked seamless both returning it to old map and flashing the v5. i was advised by paul to count 5 secs every time i do a command with the handheld to allow sufficient time for ecu etc.

hopefully all goes well and looking forward to hearing your feedback once the map is on.

Progress:bannana:

Well, after what seems like ages (its three weeks!) I can finally get moving on the remap!

Combination of me being away and a minor issue with the car (one of the radar sensor's had an issue so local MB dealer had one sent from Germany) meant I had to put this off.

Anyway, the hand held was duly plugged in yesterday and the fpf file extracted and emailed to Paul at Eurocharged.

Car is now sitting waiting patiently for the remap file (like a pup waiting for a sweet!) to arrive so I can upload.

Hopefully next update will be soon and successful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom