Eurocharged handheld unit arrived today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
am sure you'll love it! let us know your thoughts once its on. I have my dyno booked in 3 weeks time, cannot wait to see results.

How do you actually swap between maps with the device if you have the v5 back from eurocharged and uploaded to the device?

And how do you know what map is in the car?

Plug it back in and select which one to apply.

On the us board there seems to be quite some ppl with a 487bhp c63 that had the v5 tune and didnt really see alot of difference?

Same in the uk?

One of these would suit me down to the ground. The maps are well tried and tested so they should be perfectly safe to upload yourself

Well, after much too'ing and frow'ing (and an Active Lane Assistant issue that is still not resolved) I decided sod it, Im going ahead with the remap.

And of course as I bought the handheld offer, it means when the beast goes back to the local MBD for the next attempt to fix the ALA issue, I can simply revert back to the original map before that visit. Simples!

The install went fantastically well (Im really glad Phil at Eurocharged had forewarned me about the fan kicking in as that definitely would have freaked me out!) There were a few more screens to be negotiated than were shown in the install guide, but they were very simple (acknowledge and click OK; occasional switch dashboard Off).

Total install from plugging in took 5' 53" which I suspect is a little longer than normal as I was being super cautious!

Everything seems great and a very quick test run round the local by pass (which incidentally skirts Suffolk Police Headquarters!) was completed. I THINK response, pick up and power was improved but to be honest that could be my adrenalin from what I was expecting! No matter, a short test was never meant to tell the full story. That will hopefully come today when I set off on a 300 mile trip which will give plenty of time for analysis and view.

So in summary, I'm a happy bunny and cant wait for Terminal Velocity TV4 at Woodbridge on Sunday 5th June (details HERE ) to truly see how it goes (I'm even thinking of a dyno session locally in next few weeks!)

:bannana::bannana::bannana:

UPDATE from TV4.

Two runs pre-mod ECU reaching 154 and 155.

Five runs post-mod ECU reaching 170, 174, 173, 173, 173. (last three two-up)

This isn't very scientific as simply removing the 155 max from pre-mod would definitely have increased the vmax but honestly the way it gets there with the v5 map feels so much quicker.

As luck would have it, I bumped into an old mate who is now running http://DLF Classics just down the road and he has a dyno to which I will shortly be paying a visit.

Looking forward to it!

And by the way, what an awesome event TV4 (link in previous post) was. So well attended and some awesome performances from Mercs et al (ahem, ES Porsches ..... )Well done Matt Flynn for organising, cant wait for TV5 in September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom