Eurocharged map - Heat

Discussion in 'AMG Lounge' started by jih2000, Jul 24, 2016.

1. jih2000

jih2000 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C63 - Tuned
    Hi,

Just wondering how the v5 eurocharged map effects the engine heat e.g. water/oil temperature vs stock. I have a 2013 and see oil go roughly between 95-118 deg C when pushing the car. If the new map opens the throttle and releases more power assume temperatures go up more?

Does C mode drive the same as before and can be used to let the engine trundle along and cool down.

Also whats S mode like, I never really use this, its either C/M or S+.

2. RyanMuller

RyanMuller Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C32 AMG
    You'll be fine

3. Slarty Bartfast

Slarty Bartfast Active Member

Car:
    C63 AMG...
    I think if anything it could make it run cooler…
    I did a track day at Snetterton last week and put the car back to the standard map just to make the car a little quieter. Temps were running around the 140 mark and kept hitting 142 and going in limp mode so I had to keep backing off on the back straight to keeps the temps lower.
    I changed to the V5 map in the afternoon and found with the same driving I could keep around 136 although when pushed harder it would still go up to 142 and limp mode :-( but did seem to recover faster.
    Outside temp if anything was slightly higher in the afternoon although there was more cloud.