Eurocharged Map

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supaer

Car
Here - C63s AMG - GONE - C63 507 - Here - Golf R - Here - BMW M135i - GONE - M4 Competition
Afternoon all. Thinking of pulling the plug on a Eurocharged map very soon and want to know if there are any negatives...

I use my car most days and want it to be reliable as much as possible.

Is there anything anyone has to say that would make them consider getting a map or maybe if they were to do it again??

i.e compromising reliability etc?

Thanks

I want to get it done like this weekend.... Don't trust myself with the handheld so I am going to have to take a trip somewhere!

Bring the car in to us and we can do it this week for you

All booked!!! I cant wait to feel the results!!!

supaer said:
All booked!!! I cant wait to feel the results!!!

You will not be disappointed, mine's been remapped for 8 or 9 months now, it's a totally different car to drive. I did have the secondary cats gutted and a Quaife LSD fitted at the same time.

Just waiting now for my Fi valved exhaust to be delivered, it gives the car an amazing sound with valves open, can hardly wait.

cant wait!!! I will get onto the valved exhaust around September time!!

I love the remap on my SLK55, one of the best things I did (after the xpipe and cat delete :D). Do it!

Take the car to MSL, they are the best.

Speak to Acid.

+1 on this

I wouldn't take anything to Eurocharged, their prices are ridiculous. MSL will always be more competitive on price in my experience

+1 on this

I wouldn't take anything to Eurocharged, their prices are ridiculous. MSL will always be more competitive on price in my experience

EC Service not great either. I booked and paid for a remap on my C55 at BOTG, but the software wouldn't work properly (which is an acceptable IT issue I'm OK with) however, I then spent around 2 hours following EC guys around in the pub garden trying to find out what they proposed. In between them chatting to their friends, the suggestion I eventually got was to send me a cable and I could do it on-line.

If I'd wanted to do it myself, I would have gone that route originally. I spoke to Ollie and he said DIY was not the safest option, so waiting to get back to North Island to get it sorted. Still not had a reply to my e-mail to EC yet though :(

Had the map done by Eurocharged.

I think the guys down there are great guys and know there stuff... Plus they are really local to me so can sort any issues if there are any. I really like using them and will continue to as I haven't had a bad experience with them. I have heard good reports about Acid to but he is just a bit to far away from me and with a simple remap I don't think that much can go wrong or be different.

Price wise it was exactly the same as MSL!

Saying that I find the car a bit jerky and sluggish low down in the rpm's. Infact it jerks quite a bit, even when I am trying to be smooth, not sure if that is just the nature of the beast.

After Acid had some problems with mapping my car he sent me down to Paul and Andy down at Eurocharged who got it sorted. I am completing the rest of my project with them, no real issues with Acid however Watford is much more convenient for me.

EC Service not great either. I booked and paid for a remap on my C55 at BOTG, but the software wouldn't work properly (which is an acceptable IT issue I'm OK with) . Still not had a reply to my e-mail to EC yet though :(

This reflects a similar issue that I had.

Spent 8 hours there and seeming unable to remap my car and given very little information whilst this was all going on.

No response to multiple contact attempts afterwards.

One thing I did take away from this was that a before and after dyno run is essential, otherwise you might be paying for something that you've not received.

i don't fully rely on dyno's as they are easily manipulated

My ML was done with EC and map was removed swiftly after
When car was dyno..ed was under performing
Refund and whole after process was dealt professionally cannot complain
But will never get a car remapped total waste of money

My ML was done with EC and map was removed swiftly after
When car was dyno..ed was under performing
Refund and whole after process was dealt professionally cannot complain
But will never get a car remapped total waste of money

Not for the right vehicle!

Tony.

Thought the same at first but couldn't be bothered investigating further

Had the map done by Eurocharged.

I think the guys down there are great guys and know there stuff... Plus they are really local to me so can sort any issues if there are any. I really like using them and will continue to as I haven't had a bad experience with them. I have heard good reports about Acid to but he is just a bit to far away from me and with a simple remap I don't think that much can go wrong or be different.

Price wise it was exactly the same as MSL!

Saying that I find the car a bit jerky and sluggish low down in the rpm's. Infact it jerks quite a bit, even when I am trying to be smooth, not sure if that is just the nature of the beast.

I find the same jerkiness in comfort mode which doesn't seem as good as stock. Anyone else experience this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom