Eurocharged remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8andTurbos

Car
MK5 Golf GTI + C63 AMG
My C63 is running a eurocharged remap which was done by MSL performance by the previous owner. Since I've owned the car I have a suspicion it's been wiped back to stock settings whilst in for a service at MB. Don't get me wrong the car feels fast but not sure it's 500+ bhp fast..

Is there anyway to check the cars still mapped without running it on a rolling road? I'm in Edinburgh and unfortunately MSL is around a 6hr drive for me..

Test it in private roads and see if its limited to 155.
With V5 maps, limiter is removed.

It's defo not limited to 155.. Sure I've read somewhere that most C63's go over 155 from factory without having the limiter removed?

V8andTurbos said:
It's definaltely not limited to 155.. Sure I've read somewhere that most C63's go over 155 from factory without having the limiter removed?

Eeh uuh (incorrect answer game show sound) it opens up the throttle and de-limits the car

So in short if my car goes over 155 then it's still running the map?

What sort of power do mapped C63's usually make at the wheels?

I often heard that AMG's (and various high performance Audi's) have a pretty soft limiter and pull quite a bit more than the agreed 155 mph . Seems like you need to have a few dyno runs to be sure what BHP it's putting out .

Yeah sounds like it.. Any recommendations for in or around Edinburgh

I started with v5 and found mine idles faster at cold start in the morning, think 1600 whereas it used it idle lower at cold start.

C63 with limiter only got to 155 at vmax. Pretty sure unless you spec the higher limiter or have it mapped, AMG cars are set to 155 at the speedo.

//M cars are often fine for over 170 in my experience.

Do you have a vbox?

No I don't have a v box. I've had a run with a few faster cars and my car has kept up but hard to be sure due to driver error etc.

Easiest way is a £5 bluetooth ODBII dongle and the Torque andriod app, or similar.

Check the max throttle opening. If it's a stock non-PP car, it won't go over 65% ish.

Ours was delimitered to 300kph on delivery, but still ran the stock map.

The sound and gear changes give it away. Stock car sounds quite and holds onto gears longer in c gearbox mode.

Stupid if you listen to people telling you to test the limiter to find out.

Find a dyno. Job done. Peugeot Ecosse have a dyno, as do plenty of other outfits in Scotland. I'd suggest avoiding Ecotune though

tell tale would be exhaust noise and aggresive noise during downshift? you get that blip..

The startup blip is louded. I would have thought you would notice if that changed.

Start up idle is loud as is the downshift pops etc but it's always been like this since I've had it as I bought it with the map already installed

V8andTurbos said:
Start up idle is loud as is the downshift pops etc but it's always been like this since I've had it as I bought it with the map already installed

Then you have the map installed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom