EuroflashV2 issues

Discussion in 'AMG Lounge' started by Neil Mackay, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Neil Mackay

Neil Mackay Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C32 AMG Estate
    Really for Savman/Acid or the rebellion boys! Bit anyone with experience!! I've just updated my euro flash software by opening as administrator in windows and updating the software, all good.....so thought I'd reflash the car with a newer jerrytune.....! Car linked to a battery charger, everything off, follow the instructions (I've done it before so not a newbe) selected the file clicked performance flash........duly does it's thing.......then a box springs up saying reflash successful however some packets did not open. Suggest reflash with stock file......you go to flash it again and it's says detects ECU in recovery mode..........!

The car starts etc but what's the score? I didn't have a stock file so not sure what maps on there now!!

2. OP
    OP
    Neil Mackay

Car:
    C32 AMG Estate
    So after reflashing it says reflash successful but use caution......WTF does that mean? Maybe I'll load the old euroflash software and try again

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  3. ChrisA

ChrisA Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S63L 2010 - CLS Weistec MSL Monster (RIP) Disco 4 (grafter) Yamaha Raptor 660 (sold :()
    It is normal for it to say that. Just switch car off, start her up and enjoy :thumb:

4. OP
    OP
    Neil Mackay

Car:
    C32 AMG Estate
    Thanks for easing my mind Chris! The old version of the software I had didn't say any of that, just said reflash complete! Although the "some packets did not copy" bit still came up with the option of flashing with the stock file! Maybe just other files that can be adjusted but not on my revised map?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  5. ChrisA

Car:
    S63L 2010 - CLS Weistec MSL Monster (RIP) Disco 4 (grafter) Yamaha Raptor 660 (sold :()
    I reflashed the new "Beast" map last week via remote with Paul and it said the same but all good :)

6. OP
    OP
    Neil Mackay

Car:
    C32 AMG Estate
    Phew!! I've only got a lowly '32 pulley and map so can't quite call it a "beast" maybe just an "animal" map, that sounds a bit punier doesn't it lol!

7. ChrisA

Car:
    I bet it's a decent run in yours mate, no such thing as a slow AMG :)

1 person likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Neil Mackay

Car:
    C32 AMG Estate
    It's no slouch for sure! It's great to have an estate car that looks pretty ordinary :)

9. ACID@MSL

ACID@MSL Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    C63 Supercharged Stage 3 and E63s Estate
    Neil

I would love to help but Paul is going to be the best person to help.
    Believe it or not i have not used the system yet myself!

Acid

1 person likes this.
  10. ChrisA

Car:
    I carried out this method right outside your place Acid, you saw me set it up but missed the end result
    car is running sweet :)

1 person likes this.
  11. Alps

Alps MB Club Veteran

Car:
    E63 Weistec AMG, E55 2004 Silver(SOLD), C36 AMG 1997 (SOLD)
    its definately more reliable than the V1 software EC used, now thats when it used to take ages and fail over small things like any voltage fluctuation.

V2 is much quicker.

12. ChrisA

Car:
    Agree, total of 10min :D

13. b1g1an

b1g1an Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Thug in a silk dressing gown
    Hmm, that doesn't sound right. I don't know off hand which version I used, whatever was current middle of last year, but it only takes a bit over than 4 minutes for mine to flash.

I would also be concerned about that message, I reflashed mine the other day after taking it off for a trip to the dealer and first time got the packets error which I put down to a current fluctuation due to flicking off the ac whilst flashing. So reflashed the stock version which was successful and then put the performance one back on which again reported no errors.

I do use a MacBook so none of that Windows drivers crap to worry about but the car wouldn't know.

14. ChrisA

Car:
    Like I posted previously, it is normal for the new software as confirmed by Savman who carries out Eurocharged Flashes all day and night.
    He helped me remotely and I also questioned the error warnings as I was worried the car may not start due to ECU errors but all was well again, as Paul said it would be :thumb:

15. b1g1an

Car:
    If you check, you'll see the bit you quoted refers to the fact you're celebrating it taking twice as long as mine always has.

Even if fine though, I'm not sure why one that falsely reports errors is considered an improvement over one that works properly. If there really was an error how would you know until you'd keyed off and bricked your car?

16. ChrisA

Car:
    I never had a stop watch timing the download but maybe it was only 5 or 6min.

I had to trust Paul who was on the other end of a phone and he said it was normal so turned it off, switched it back on and smiled for the 168 mile return trip home :)

17. b1g1an

Car:
    Fair enough.

I am now slightly confused, from what people were saying I was under the impression this V2 was something new. Just checked what I'm using and it is actually V2 that Adam in the US sent me in July last year.

Like I said, no errors reported in five flashes other than the one that I do believe was a genuine error down to me. Perhaps the Windows version is just buggy, I have read of lots of problems with drivers on the US forums which just don't exist on the Mac.

18. Lee C63

Lee C63 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C63 (weistec supercharged)
    Does it not depend on which car...I am sure when i had a eurocharged Re-map on my C63 it was V4????

19. OP
    OP
    Neil Mackay

Car:
    C32 AMG Estate
    Update from Jerry.......if the car started, don't worry!! My version is V2 but a dialogue box always opened to say there was a later version available, so opened the programme by right clicking, open as administrator, and the update downloaded. Before doing that the software wouldn't update so was always on the original software I had 18 months ago!

20. b1g1an

Car:
    Thought it was only 55Ks that could be Euroflashed and 63s had to use the hand held thing?