Euromerc webstore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dan1502

Car
SL60 AMG (Now sold)
I order a supposedly new indicator. A used indicator arrives. I try calling. No answer. I write an email asking why a used indicator has arrived. I get a reply to say if the part's not for you then send it back (no apology or explanation). I ask if he will cover my postage and ask a couple of questions. He responds but doesn't answer my questions. Being in need of an indicator and not wanting hassle I offer two options, I return it and he refunds me including my postage costs or a partial refund to take into account the part is second hand (I didn't want a second hand part and had I done so I could have got one cheaper elsewhere). No response.....

I wish I'd read the threads on here before ordering. We all make mistakes but I don't actually think this was a mistake. Shocking attitude at best.

I would have but wasn't sure if their indicators were made by Bosch or not. Including postage and had it been new, the one I ordered seemed good at about 1/4 to 1/3 off (still more than Eurocarparts which is very local to me).

You could have PM'd or put up a post asking the ECP forum rep and he would have confirmed who they are made by.

You can return the part your purchased for refund under the DSR. Any decent company would refund you the postage to return it as it wasnt as described.

Last edited:
Yep 30% or 25% depending on what mood you catch them in !

I hear That no matter what mood they are in, their customer service is top notch also :).

I would have but wasn't sure if their indicators were made by Bosch or not. Including postage and had it been new, the one I ordered seemed good at about 1/4 to 1/3 off (still more than Eurocarparts which is very local to me).

if you checked your original thread, you'd have seen they did answer you....

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/1509292-post6.html

I get a reply to say if the part's not for you then send it back (no apology or explanation).

A graduate with honours from the MB school of customer service.

Don't forget, they are doing you a favour allowing you to buy from them...

Paging 'nick mercedes', paging 'nick mercedes'...

if you checked your original thread, you'd have seen they did answer you....

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/1509292-post6.html

Thanks, I've been mad busy so haven't checked my threads recently. This indicator was ordered a while ago and my enquiry about Bosch parts was as I am in need of some other bits and bobs and for future reference. I'll respond to that thread.

I've defended Nick (Euromerc) in the past, saying "I bought from Nick and got the part..." but my own experience for the past year has been extremely disappointing.

I still have an order, placed in August 2011, listed as being processed - no emails advising the current position, not even order acknowledgement. He also saw fit to charge me £20-something for delivery of the parts I collected (well, he refused to refund)...

This should have been the last straw, but being somewhat of a naive optimist, I placed another order, this time using a brand new account in my company's name, for a leather headrest.

That was on the 20th of June 2012. Emailed Nick a few times, asking for an update - no reply. Phone, as per usual, is not answered. Last week I emailed him, advising that a fraudulent transaction report shall be filed with my bankers, should I not hear from him by end of business on Monday the 9th of July. Guess what? No reply, so I explained the situation to my bank, provided the WorldPay transaction number, got the money refunded next day. BTW, the headrest is still listed as being available to purchase, and my order's status is still "Process" (sic) :wallbash:

I honestly do not understand, why would someone with such an attitude towards customers wants to run a customer-oriented business? Oh, and the usual excuse that he's oh so busy, etc - doesn't really fly: he's got plenty of time, apparently, to post all these bigoted/communist drivel on here, but not to reply to paying customers?

240px-Basil_Fawlty.jpg

Seems like there's a high risk that if I did send it back I might not get my money refunded anyway. Ordinarily I might fight this on principle but I can't afford the time/stress this time around. I just hope if I fit it, it won't fill up with condensation like the one it's to replace.

I honestly do not understand, why would someone with such an attitude towards customers wants to run a customer-oriented business? Oh, and the usual excuse that he's oh so busy, etc - doesn't really fly: he's got plenty of time, apparently, to post all these bigoted/communist drivel on here, but not to reply to paying customers?

Funny how 2 people's memories of an event can differ so much, but sometimes the truth is a bit boring I suppose.

Let's have a recap.

You ring me up, about the exahust, you need it first thing in the morning as it's being fitted at Ollies, and you need to collect it a 7 in the morning on the way.

Only thing is it's not my exhaust, turns out it belongs to a forum member who mentioned that you *might* be able to collect it from me.

Only one thing for it I had to drive up into London and get it that evening, so I did, you'd sorted out payment with the man you'd brought it from, so off I went to fetch it.

Next problem you needed the exhaust at 7 in the morning, I mentioned that although I did not open that early Yew Tree garage sometimes did, so you rung him and Jim very kindly agreed to come in early just so that you could collect your exhaust, although he was not so impressed when you wanted him to wrap it up - what with it being nothing to do with him and all that, and coming in early etc.

But despite your disatifaction we did it, exhaust from London, collected from Haslemere at the crack of dawn and presumably fitted happily at Ollies.

Only I didn't overcharge you £20 for shipping, I did it for nothing - ZERO - 0 etc, I drove into London and fetched *your* exhaust for nothing, Jim got up at the crack of dawn so you could collect it for nothing, all free.

I'm sorry if that does not measure up to your idea of a customer-oriented business, or if doing things like that (rest assured I won't be doing it again) makes me a bigot with a bad attitude.

And no, no international teams of bankers did any chargebacks and there were no fraudulent transaction of any sort, and no you have no outstanding orders.

Perhaps next time you want someone elses parts moved for nothing perhaps you should ask Patrick from ECP to do it for you, they've got lots of vans, I'm sure they'd be happy to do some free haulage for you?

Shocking attitude at best.

There certianly seems to be some very strange attitudes...

Your indicator is new albiet NOS - hense it being boxed and everything, as I have said in all our many email conversations if for *any* reason you are not happy with your purchase you may return it for a refund.

You may see other website where there are restocking fees or other hurdles to refunds, but not mine, not happy? - for any reason before 7 days are up - return for a refund.

You would think such a transparent trading stance would not lead to any long winded pointless arguments, and in the main it does not, but now and then someone dreams up a reason to moan, someone even tried to return something after a year once just because they'd changed their mind....

Customers, eh....

Only thing is it's not my exhaust, turns out it belongs to a forum member who mentioned that you *might* be able to collect it from me.

No, the arrangement for the purchase of exhaust was: collection from Euromerc. How it's got there was between you and your friend, whom I bought the exhaust from. Why you felt a need to charge me for a favour you did for your mate is another question.

And no, no international teams of bankers did any chargebacks and there were no fraudulent transaction of any sort, and no you have no outstanding orders.

Oh yes they did, not international though, just plain HSBC.
And, of course I do not have any outstanding orders NOW, as their status changed from "Process" to "Cancelled" about an hour after I posted the message here. Got an email from WorldPay to advise me of a refund too, fancy that... must be coincidence, and nothing to do with my posting here :thumb:

I am still waiting for my refund .. 18 months on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom