Euromerc webstore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These moans about Euromerc crop up very regularly and I always get sucked into thinking, wow how does Nick stay in business when he treats customers like that.
Then along comes Nick several hours later ( after the thread has gathered momentum ) and puts his two penneth in and tells it different.

Two sides to every story

Nick ----- ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

What about the poor chap who had to be up at 7am for you. Nick is a sole trader, he doesn't have the resources like that of putting folk on early shifts etc.

You bought an exhaust from one member, collected it at IMHO stupid o'clock from another who had to pick it up for you, had it fitted by another forum chap (Ollie). Why is this not an MBC success story?

Well, collecting it from Nick wasn't my idea, and Jim was truly wonderful, although it wasn't 7am, it was more like 7:30

I would have never mentioned this whole thing, had it not being for other unfortunate examples of Nick's "service"

I think from reading BOTH posts that even I, as negative as I can be, can see no bad in what Nick's done. Someone needed to pick something up early, because of Nick (who's part it was not), they got it in time. Why on earth is this happening when what should be happening is a thread like "Thanks Nick for arranging the uplift of my exhuast from Howard as it meant I could get it fitted ASAP at Ollies".

Because instead of saying "You owe me a pint (or five)" or "it'll cost you such-and-such", which would've been alright, he quite abruptly (about a month later) told me that he is not refunding some money for never supplied parts and postage for collected parts, as he did me a favour.

I would've been happy just paying for delivery (which I believe I offered as an option), and this is certainly not about money.

These moans about Euromerc crop up very regularly and I always get sucked into thinking, wow how does Nick stay in business when he treats customers like that.
Then along comes Nick several hours later ( after the thread has gathered momentum ) and puts his two penneth in and tells it different.

It's funny that - I see it the same as you right up until the quote ends.

Then I'm still left wondering how.

Perhaps if the communication was better from Euromerc, this would alleviate some of the problem.

Perhaps if the communication was better from Euromerc, this would alleviate some of the problem.

Perhaps the communication from Euromerc is just fine, but not reported as such.

Have you ever used them?

I would have never mentioned this whole thing, had it not being for other unfortunate examples of Nick's "service"

So you thought you'd lay your punches in too and kick a man when he is down?

Because instead of saying "You owe me a pint (or five)" or "it'll cost you such-and-such", which would've been alright, he quite abruptly (about a month later) told me that he is not refunding some money for never supplied parts and postage for collected parts, as he did me a favour.

I would've been happy just paying for delivery (which I believe I offered as an option), and this is certainly not about money.

So what is it about?

Correct me if ANY part of this is wrong. You buy an exhaust from Howard, and collect it from Nick's mates garage. Nick drives to Howards house the day before to pick up the exhaust in order that you can get it from Nicks mates garage early in the morning.

This money thats been paid to Nick, was that for the exhaust or did you pay Howard directly? Or is that to cover Nicks time, Jims time, and Nicks fuel for his van.

Have you ever used them?

I have twice to enquire about parts and their suitability for my car, email or PM very swift back. I tend to contact Nick during normal business hours, he is a family man, and as such, has better things to do than at 1030pm tell me whether an iPod kit would work in a 211 but as a favour he did.

So you thought you'd lay your punches in too and kick a man when he is down?

No, I described my experience with Euromerc over the past year, but this particular episode got more attention.

So what is it about?

Crappy customer service and appalling attitude

Correct me if ANY part of this is wrong.

Most of it, actually.

You buy an exhaust from Howard, and collect it from Nick's mates garage. Nick drives to Howards house the day before to pick up the exhaust in order that you can get it from Nicks mates garage early in the morning.

This money thats been paid to Nick, was that for the exhaust or did you pay Howard directly? Or is that to cover Nicks time, Jims time, and Nicks fuel for his van.

When I do a deal, I follow the agreed arrangement to the letter, that's why I emailed the "so the deal is..." before setting off to collect the exhaust. No, the money wasn't paid to Nick, as he had nothing to do with it. I didn't want to transport the exhaust in my car to begin with, so the deal was: I collect wrapped exhaust from the garage on my way to Olly. I did offer to pay to have it delivered to Horndean, or would have paid, if asked to, for getting it from London to the garage. Again, it is not about money! It it very unfortunate, that Nick got involved in what was otherwise a perfectly pleasant transaction.

It it very unfortunate, that Nick got involved in what was otherwise a perfectly pleasant transaction.

In what way, he collected the part for free from London and arranged a location where you could collect it from to suit you.

Seems pretty good to me...

No, I described my experience with Euromerc over the past year, but this particular episode got more attention.

Crappy customer service and appalling attitude

Most of it, actually.

When I do a deal, I follow the agreed arrangement to the letter, that's why I emailed the "so the deal is..." before setting off to collect the exhaust. No, the money wasn't paid to Nick, as he had nothing to do with it. I didn't want to transport the exhaust in my car to begin with, so the deal was: I collect wrapped exhaust from the garage on my way to Olly. I did offer to pay to have it delivered to Horndean, or would have paid, if asked to, for getting it from London to the garage. Again, it is not about money! It it very unfortunate, that Nick got involved in what was otherwise a perfectly pleasant transaction.

Out of order IMO. It seems that Nick went considerably out of his way for you. Perhaps he felt taken advantage of.

In what way, he collected the part for free from London and arranged a location where you could collect it from to suit you.

Seems pretty good to me...

and again:

It seems that Nick went considerably out of his way for you. Perhaps he felt taken advantage of.

Nick did a favour for Howard, for which I was quite happy to pay.

Instead, on a completely unrelated transaction about a month later, he refused to refund, after many reminders, sighting that favour.

Have you ever used them?

I have and it`s great.Bought more than one item and as usual,very happy :thumb:

What I don't understand about this joker is why, as in my case, advertise a part as in stock, respond to my email asking when it would be sent ("next day", needed the week after so ok with me) , take my payment, then disappear off the face of the earth - no response to emails and you can't leave a voicemail. Presumably no intention to send the part?

Marvellous ........ Visa to the rescue to refund the amount, then later receive a refund from Euromerc with no email/call nothing to explain the no-show.

The guy is a t0s ser, the sooner he goes out of business the better

Instead, on a completely unrelated transaction about a month later, he refused to refund, after many reminders, sighting that favour.

I refused to refund the shipping - see below.

I accept the fact that you collected the droplinks at the same time as you collected the exhaust, however I did go to some quite considerable effort to get the exhaust for you, and I didn't even think to ask for money to cover my time and fuel for doing it.

----- Original Message -----
To: nick

"LOL ... I'm sure you do.

Take care

nick wrote:

I drove to London to collect your exhaust so paying for the shipping on the droplinks is only reasonable I feel.

Regards

Nick

----- Original Message -----
To: nick

droplinks £16 plus shipping of £6.40

NO, I collected them, so there was no shipping."

Marvellous ........ Visa to the rescue to refund the amount, then later receive a refund from Euromerc with no email/call nothing to explain the no-show.

The guy is a t0s ser, the sooner he goes out of business the better

Visa have had no problems with me, I've had no chargebacks or disputed payments, so why need to make this up?

It's always this forum, innit...

Visa have had no problems with me, I've had no chargebacks or disputed payments, so why need to make this up?

It's always this forum, innit...
You really are slimy fecker, I think you actually enjoy trying to scam people. I lodged the dispute with visa, the refund came via worldpay - I got my money back which is the main thing, lessons learnt. Hopefully you'll get yours one day

btw - if anyone wants to the see the email exchange and refund notification happy to share them - its all fact based and is documented

You really are slimy fecker

Thanks!

I think you actually enjoy trying to scam people.

Who am I supposed to have scammed exactly?

I lodged the dispute with visa, the refund came via worldpay - I got my money back which is the main thing, lessons learnt. Hopefully you'll get yours one day

You didn't lodge it on my merchant account.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom