Europe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
Can anyone tell me, in layman's terms, what the pros & cons are for staying in/pulling out of the EU? I'm not looking to spark a political debate/slanging match ( :eek: :D ), just facts, views and opinions, as unbiased as possible.

For starters:-

Each household would be about £800 (estimate) a year better off.
We could adopt our own border controls
We could make our own laws
We could repeal the 'gold' plated ones the EU have shoved down our throats
The world as we know it would not end
We could 'adopt' the Dollar
Mandelson would be out of a job (for good!), good.
Tony would be back in chambers working on 'no-win-no-fee'.
Two Jags would have to take a Prious

The problem is, sadly, that too many careers depend on it.

I cannot think of any good reason for staying, they just cherry picked the bad stuff. The good stuff we could have had anyway.

Portzy.

portzy said:
For starters:-

We could adopt our own border controls
We could make our own laws
We could repeal the 'gold' plated ones the EU have shoved down our throats
The world as we know it would not end
We could 'adopt' the Dollar
Mandelson would be out of a job (for good!), good.
Tony would be back in chambers working on 'no-win-no-fee'.
Two Jags would have to take a Prious

The problem is, sadly, that too many careers depend on it.

I cannot think of any good reason for staying, they just cherry picked the bad stuff. The good stuff we could have had anyway.

Portzy.

:) HERE HERE :)

We can tell the French what we really think of them. lovely country just full of lazy, arrogant, antagonistic, bombastic French. And thats thier good side.

and the rest of Portzys quote which wont copy :(

'hear hear' or is it 'here here' :)

Dont know the details but with my limited knowledge/awareness I would vote to stay out and as we are with the £ unless I was presented with information that was simple, factual and clearly made sense - so thats unlikely then :D

It could be EAR EAR but i don't listen ;)

Nothing wrong with the EU as long as it stuck to the concept most people thought they were signing up for, which was mostly a free trade area with increased harmonisation to make anything between member states easier.

All started to go wrong when the Benelux countries and Germany decided they wanted a United States of Europe which they thought they were going to run. So the political elites created vast self serving & corrupt institutions because being a national level politician or civil servant within the USE had no future: in future you had to be a mover and shaker at European level to count.

But they could not say that to their voters, for then it would be absolutely clear where their true interest lay: selling their own countries out to an EU monster state they would run. So they held back the truth and kept their voters in the dark for as long as they could, hoping everything would proceed until it was too late to do anything about it.

But when you have the EU passing laws binding on member states for so long and stupidity abounding people are bound to notice. And now the price is paid

Hence the French, German & Dutch politicians and the whole European gravy train being so upset. Their dreams of running the show on their own terms have gone and they have no Plan B.

If the EU reverted back to the original concept and ditched all the useless institutions around it that would be fine by me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom