Europe's most dangerous drivers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I knew there was a good reason why I dont let my lithuanian girlfriend drive my SL. :eek:

When I was in Estonia recently there certainly was a tendency for people to have a few drinks then get in their car! However although the statistics are in road deaths per million people, surely road deaths per million car owners would be a more useful statistic? Also bear in mind that Estonia has a population of 1.4m people of which probably 40% own cars.

One thing I do find interesting about there is the local weekly newspaper for the town my young lady friend (not girlfriend yet, but working on it) lives in publishes pictures and details of accidents on the roads. URL for one edition is below, see page 5, but apologies it's in Estonian :eek:

http://www.tartuekspress.ee/upload/pdf/1196285533734622.pdf

Another interesting statistic - no fixed speed cameras in Estonia yet!

No speed cameras but I bet there were loads of cop cars on the road with radar guns. That was my experience in Lithuania and Latvia. Didn't get to Estonia last year.
Les

one of the countries yet to publish stats is Ireland.

OH NO.

Traffic related fatalities are a problem over here. There just seems to be a ever increasing number each year. Ive had a few friends killed in car crashes...also recently had a freind die over in the states in a crash...2 others injured in the same accident. Woman in a pickup crossed over onto incoming traffic and hit my 4 pals head on. They were in a lincoln navigator too, thought it wuda held up better than it did in a crash but then again....americans and theyre safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom