Eurotunnel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
R230 SL55 width is 2560mm and a XC60 is 1902mm definitely a big difference!

Where are you getting the figure? I’m getting R230 width as 1829mm?

You are quoting the wheelbase.

Are you sure? That’s wider than a wide thing. I would imagine that even a Black Series isn’t quite that wide.

He’s quoting the wheelbase figure Rob :)

...and last week cars were directed to boarding lanes one hour before departure only to bake there in full sun. I ended up polluting the planet and run aircon for an hour.
Yesterday afternoon we and a couple of friends came back on Eurotunnel. We were on motorcycles and French Customs were playing silly bu**ers working to rule. Only two lanes open and they were checking every passport of every car occupant. It took over an hour to get through from the time we arrived to the time we got to British Customs - which is absolutely no fun at all in 30c sunshine when in bike gear. When we reached the head of the queue the French Customs officer took one look at the outside of our passports and with a cheery wave motioned us to go through. Not sure if he thought he was helping us, or whether he wanted to add insult to injury :mad:

Won’t have any trouble with one of these

Attachments

• E68D1B48-BD00-484C-8992-763431A0A7D6.jpeg
    E68D1B48-BD00-484C-8992-763431A0A7D6.jpeg
    565.3 KB · Views: 31
I've never had any problems with width restrictions, the only things that have caused clenched buttocks are German contraflows...

The really fun thing about those is that the width of the left lane varies from one set of roadworks to another, so you really have to pay attention to the signs if you're driving something big. We've had some entertaining moments when passing big trucks in the Vito. It's probably worse in a RHD as you can see just how close your door mirror is :D

What is it? Didn’t know Merc made tractors...

You’ll see a lot of them on the motorways, think they call em 220 cdi now. :D

Went to France and back last week on Eurotunnel, car in front of us was an SL65 Black Edition - now that was a wide car! God knows what the rear track was on that but it was wide!

Off on the eurotunnel on Friday morning. Le Mans Bugatti track day

My W213 fitted easily last week. Certainly more easily than in many multi-storey car parks!

509E29A9-F7A8-418E-8F9A-40CD3BB8F777.jpeg

There really is no issue provided you’re just slight careful....

My W213 fitted easily last week. Certainly more easily than in many multi-storey car parks!

View attachment 78666

I’ve never seen so many people standing in the carriage. In fact I’ve never seen anyone standing at all. Marching back and forth to the toilet, but never standing.

I’ve never seen so many people standing in the carriage. In fact I’ve never seen anyone standing at all. Marching back and forth to the toilet, but never standing.

Sitting is the best :D

Kneehigh boots in a heatwave?

Kneehigh boots in a heatwave?

That’s my wife. She broke both her lower legs very badly when hit (by a Merc!) at nearly 50 mph as a pedestrian. They were saved/repaired but now she needs the boots :-(

It happened that there was another E class behind us that couldn’t QUITE fit in, so we ended up with a whole car’s length of extra space to play in :)

Well we’re back on the tunnel on sat morning. Hope the frogs have pulled their trousers up

Just a question SCRL - Does she have re-inforcement within the boots to aid her legs, I only ask as I have carbon foot splints for prolonged standing and to aid my walking, work really well although a bit painfull at times....

That’s my wife. She broke both her lower legs very badly when hit (by a Merc!) at nearly 50 mph as a pedestrian. They were saved/repaired but now she needs the boots :-(

It happened that there was another E class behind us that couldn’t QUITE fit in, so we ended up with a whole car’s length of extra space to play in :)

Just a question SCRL - Does she have re-inforcement within the boots to aid her legs, I only ask as I have carbon foot splints for prolonged standing and to aid my walking, work really well although a bit painfull at times....

No - she has metal “nails” down both tibias; the boots proved compression for the skin grafts.

View attachment 78666

Pleased to see that is not an AMG badge on the rear bumper!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom