eutags german style number plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Has anyone used the german style number plates on their car??
They are supplied by a company at http://www.eutags.com They have a disclaimer on their site about them not being street legal in the UK. Can any member shed some light on the subject. I think they are a great piece of detailing.:confused:

Err, well they are not road legal like it says.

Fit them and takes your chance, but to me it's just plain bonkers. You just attract attention from the boys in blue....

Grav888 might have something to add though as he runs with Belgian plates!

Originally posted by GDC200

They look nice and may well be nice detailing but IMHO Grahams right, its just not worth it!
Blimey thats twice you two have agreed on something :p :p .

I think as long as you don't mis-represent the letters or apply those silly stickers then the plates are perfectly legal.

They also sell plate holders, I already have a set but I think these would look great on my Dad's 944 :D

porche.jpg

They look nice, and if you're gonna "cosmetically adjust" your reg, why not go the whole hog - I was even tempted for a sec...

eu_tag.jpg

But at £70 a pair excluding the holders, I made myself think twice :rolleyes: I've seen pressed aluminium plates at a fraction of that price...

Last edited:
Below is the disclaimer from the site in question, i think is say's it all!!

Disclaimer: Plates are for display and show purposes only, and, although meeting stringent European standards, may not be 'street legal' in the UK.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I thought as much!:( :( I will stick to the standard number plates. In reply to Dave's question. I simply thought that the German "style" number plates have a certain elegance and add a nice bit of detailing to what is after all a German built car, or at least my one is.:) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom